Central locking motor

Hi,
My two front door central locking motors have both failed on my 89 Syncro Caravelle GL camper. Does anyone know if they are easily fixable. It looks like they are around $200 each to buy from overseas.
Thanks
Doone Wyborn
Dear Doone,

My recently acquired Caravelle would centrally lock but then pop all the locks open again. I cured it with a new battery - presumably it was a fail safe device to stop  being locked out by a flat battery. (Although each lock still works mechanically). A suggestion to check but probably not your problem.
I presume its not bad connections or stiff locks being too much for the servos.
If it is indeed the motors I recall an article in "Torque" magazine when I was a member of the Victorian Peugeot Car Club  of how an enterprising member had used the servos from a K Mart after market  central locking kit to successfully avoid replacing the equally expensive Peugeot motors. (I think I have seen whole kits advertised for $20-30)
Just don't tell Phil I made such a philistine(no pun intended) suggestion.
Good luck.
Roger

--- On Sat, 7/5/11, Doone Wyborn <doone.wyborn@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Central locking motor
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Saturday, 7 May, 2011, 8:15 AM

Hi,

My two front door central locking motors have both failed on my 89 Syncro Caravelle GL camper. Does anyone know if they are easily fixable. It looks like they are around $200 each to buy from overseas.

Thanks

Doone Wyborn
Thanks Roger, I opened the plastic housing and found some corrosion and two tiny springs which help make the electrical contacts by pushing a copper piece onto a slide. The springs had corroded away and contact was not occurring. The motors ran fine. Quite an easy fix once some simililar springs were sourced.
Regards
Doone

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Dear Doone,
My recently acquired Caravelle would centrally lock but then pop all the locks open again. I cured it with a new battery - presumably it was a fail safe device to stop being locked out by a flat battery. (Although each lock still works mechanically). A suggestion to check but probably not your problem.
I presume its not bad connections or stiff locks being too much for the servos.
If it is indeed the motors I recall an article in "Torque" magazine when I was a member of the Victorian Peugeot Car Club of how an enterprising member had used the servos from a K Mart after market central locking kit to successfully avoid replacing the equally expensive Peugeot motors. (I think I have seen whole kits advertised for $20-30)
Just don't tell Phil I made such a philistine(no pun intended) suggestion.
Good luck.
Roger

--- On Sat, 7/5/11, Doone Wyborn <doone.wyborn@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Central locking motor
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Saturday, 7 May, 2011, 8:15 AM

Hi,
Thanks
Doone Wyborn