Cold start issue

Hi all,

I'm just doing a little travel along the NSW coast and loving it.

This morning when I went to start up and head to my current location, I turnd the key to fire her up and she just turned and turned and turned.... Until finally firing.. She then ran rough for a little bit... Then idled and went sweet, drove well and most importantly got me a little further in my travels...

I guess what I need to know is, is it a faulty heat sensor or do they only play up when trying to start a warm engine??

Oh it's a 2.1 wbx with 154.000ks

She has been running sweet for my whole trip so far from Ballarat to Sydney now Sydney to Tabourie so hopefully it will get me home...

Any advice welcome

Cheers Tony
Hey Tony,

Sounds like the problem I had with the ECU temp sender.
This is the one close to the fire wall on the passenger side of the motor.
It plagued me for ages as it is an intermittent issue.

Good luck
Paul

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM, logwood_1 <logwood_1@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Hi all,

This morning when I went to start up and head to my current location, I turnd the key to fire her up and she just turned and turned and turned.... Until finally firing.. She then ran rough for a little bit... Then idled and went sweet, drove well and most importantly got me a little further in my travels...

I guess what I need to know is, is it a faulty heat sensor or do they only play up when trying to start a warm engine??

She has been running sweet for my whole trip so far from Ballarat to Sydney now Sydney to Tabourie so hopefully it will get me home...

Any advice welcome

Cheers Tony

--
Cheers
Paul Dumais
Aerospace Engineer

Hey Paul

Thanks for your feedback... As it happens I ran into a fellow Syncro fanatic in Batemans bay and he said just that.. I guess I will look further into it when I get home.

Cheers Tony

To: <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Cold start issue
Sent: Thu, Apr 5, 2012 2:48:45 AM

Hey Tony,

Sounds like the problem I had with the ECU temp sender.
This is the one close to the fire wall on the passenger side of the motor.
It plagued me for ages as it is an intermittent issue.

Good luck
Paul

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM, logwood_1 <logwood_1@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Hi all,

Any advice welcome

Cheers Tony

--
Cheers
Paul Dumais
Aerospace Engineer

Tony,

Any idea who the fellow Syncro fanatic was?

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tony Marshall
Sent: 05 April 2012 17:38
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com

Hey Paul

Thanks for your feedback... As it happens I ran into a fellow Syncro fanatic in Batemans bay and he said just that.. I guess I will look further into it when I get home.

Cheers Tony

_,___

Les,

He said his name was Allan... He has a 91 Syncro and has done a fare bit of touring through Aus..

My bus is still playing up on start up but once she has time to warm up you wouldn't know there was an issue...

Tony

To: <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Cold start issue
Sent: Thu, Apr 5, 2012 8:54:02 AM

Tony,

Any idea who the fellow Syncro fanatic was?

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tony Marshall
Sent: 05 April 2012 17:38

Hey Paul

Cheers Tony

_,___

Tony , your throttle valve switch might need adjusting. If you have a bentleys manual it describes how to do it and what happens if it's not properly adjusted. Hard to get spot on but makes a difference when you do. Cheers Eddie.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Tony Marshall <logwood_1@...> wrote:
>
> Les,
>
> He said his name was Allan... He has a 91 Syncro and has done a fare bit of touring through Aus..
>
> My bus is still playing up on start up but once she has time to warm up you wouldn't know there was an issue...
>
> Tony
>

Interesting thoughts. My machine is also very tricky when first started in the morning. Has almost no grunt when going up a very slight hill near home. Doesn’t take long and it warms up and is fine. Weird!!!

Peter from Port

My Doka is doing the same. I am changing the temp sensor on tuesday and will let you know the outcome.

Phill

> Peter Coe <peter@coeconsult.com.au> wrote:
>
Interesting thoughts. My machine is also very tricky when first started in
the morning. Has almost no grunt when going up a very slight hill near home.
Doesn't take long and it warms up and is fine. Weird!!!
Peter from Port

There must be a virus going around!  Mine has been a bit sluggish on take-off recently but I haven’t looked at it yet.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of plander@optusnet.com.au
Sent: 07 April 2012 23:28
Subject: Re: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Cold start issue

My DOKA is doing the same. I am changing the temp sensor on tuesday and will let you know the outcome.

Phill

> Peter Coe <peter@coeconsult.com.au>
wrote:
>
Interesting thoughts. My machine is also very tricky when first started in
the morning. Has almost no grunt when going up a very slight hill near home.
Doesn't take long and it warms up and is fine. Weird!!!
Peter from Port

G'day all,

Well now I'm now home from my little holiday. I wasn't sure she was going to start yesterday, she just turned over and over and over. Anyway as it happens I parked her up in the shed over night, went out to start her and Pop! She fired up first go... I think it must be something to do with the heat sensor. Think I'll order one tomorrow. Hopefull that's all it is... Apart from a couple of mornings where I thought I would be going nowhere I had a great first camping trip in my new Syncro..

Tony

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@...> wrote:
>
> There must be a virus going around! Mine has been a bit sluggish on
> take-off recently but I haven't looked at it yet.
>
> Les
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> plander@...
> Sent: 07 April 2012 23:28
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Re: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Cold start issue
>
> My DOKA is doing the same. I am changing the temp sensor on tuesday and will
> let you know the outcome.
>
> Phill
>
> > Peter Coe <peter@... <mailto:peter%40coeconsult.com.au> >
> wrote:
> >
> Interesting thoughts. My machine is also very tricky when first started in
> the morning. Has almost no grunt when going up a very slight hill near home.
> Doesn't take long and it warms up and is fine. Weird!!!
> Peter from Port
>