colo river nsw

was it a member seen on sunday about midday travelling along the road in a white camper van besides the colo river towards putty rd     bob dale
Hi Bob,

That was me. I spotted your syncro there. What are you doing in my neck of the woods - my occasional weekender anyway? I would have stopped except the missus wanted me back home. Do they serve good scones there? Have only seen the scones advertised the last few weeks. Once the weather warms up I was going to ask the group if there might be interest in a syncro gathering out that way again with possibly of some kayaking on the colo this time.

Cheers, Sam.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Dale" <rcdale@...> wrote:
>
> was it a member seen on sunday about midday travelling along the road in a white camper van besides the colo river towards putty rd bob dale
>
Just to let people know, issue 54 of VW Camper and Commercial (a UK published magazine that is available here) has a 4 page piece by me and my better half, about our Syncro and Bay window campers. And in it we pay tribute to the Australian Syncro Register and all that you guys do to help people like us to stay on the road. We'll upload a scan of the piece as soon as possible. So thankyou, and enjoy. Nick

--- On Mon, 27/6/11, heysamuelarnold <me@samarnold.org> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: colo river nsw
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Monday, 27 June, 2011, 7:53 AM

Hi Bob,

That was me. I spotted your syncro there. What are you doing in my neck of the woods - my occasional weekender anyway? I would have stopped except the missus wanted me back home. Do they serve good scones there? Have only seen the scones advertised the last few weeks. Once the weather warms up I was going to ask the group if there might be interest in a syncro gathering out that way again with possibly of some kayaking on the colo this time.

Cheers, Sam.

>
> was it a member seen on sunday about midday travelling along the road in a white camper van besides the colo river towards putty rd bob dale
>

Nice one, Nick. Will read it with interest. Kudos goes to Les, ultimately.

Regards,

Francesca.

Just in case anyone has a touch of the mid-winter stay-at-home blues, I came across this in The Guardian:

Looks like it could be a nice little book.

On 27 June 2011 18:16, Nicholas Fletcher <nwjfletcher@yahoo.com> wrote:

Just to let people know, issue 54 of VW Camper and Commercial (a UK published magazine that is available here) has a 4 page piece by me and my better half, about our Syncro and Bay window campers. And in it we pay tribute to the Australian Syncro Register and all that you guys do to help people like us to stay on the road. We'll upload a scan of the piece as soon as possible. So thankyou, and enjoy. Nick

Hi Bob,

Cheers, Sam.

>
>

morning sam
what do you mean your neck of the woods a group of us then much younger used to swim there in the mid 60s,yes we enjoyed the scones and also donuts all made fresh on the premises with tea, coffee, cream and home made jam.
the couple are the cartakers for the premises which is a german/austrian social club which hosts a buffet dinner on the 3rd sunday of the month all wellcome have to book limit about 80 people, the building was formally a hari krishna temple,
we drove up to bilpin via the wollimi national park then lithgow to hassel walls lookout and home a good day
did you cross the river at the colo heights turoff it is a lovely site with parking and space for kids and the river is shallow for swimming
bob
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 5:53 PM

Hi Bob,

Cheers, Sam.

>
>

Hey Bob,

I will have to stop for scones next time. My mate has a shed down a shared driveway just near the low wooden bridge. There is also the nice camping ground with amenities just up from the wooden bridge which could be a good spot to spend a weekend, other times I have stayed there with mates and booked in the ranger comes around to collect $5 each. Can get very busy these days just around that bridge on a nice summer weekend. When my mate bought his block of wilderness ten years ago we thought we had the whole valley to ourselves - we were wrong!

I used to have another mate around bilpin, but had not heard of hassel walls lookout before.

Cheers, Sam

>
> morning sam
> what do you mean your neck of the woods a group of us then much younger used to swim there in the mid 60s,yes we enjoyed the scones and also donuts all made fresh on the premises with tea, coffee, cream and home made jam.
> the couple are the cartakers for the premises which is a german/austrian social club which hosts a buffet dinner on the 3rd sunday of the month all wellcome have to book limit about 80 people, the building was formally a hari krishna temple,
> we drove up to bilpin via the wollimi national park then lithgow to hassel walls lookout and home a good day
> did you cross the river at the colo heights turoff it is a lovely site with parking and space for kids and the river is shallow for swimming
> bob
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: heysamuelarnold
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 5:53 PM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: colo river nsw
>
>
>
> Hi Bob,
>
> That was me. I spotted your syncro there. What are you doing in my neck of the woods - my occasional weekender anyway? I would have stopped except the missus wanted me back home. Do they serve good scones there? Have only seen the scones advertised the last few weeks. Once the weather warms up I was going to ask the group if there might be interest in a syncro gathering out that way again with possibly of some kayaking on the colo this time.
>
> Cheers, Sam.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Dale" <rcdale@> wrote:
> >
> > was it a member seen on sunday about midday travelling along the road in a white camper van besides the colo river towards putty rd bob dale
> >
>
Great work Nick - will try and track down the magazine - very few local agents carry that one...

Regards
Mark.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Nicholas Fletcher <nwjfletcher@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Bob,

Cheers, Sam.

>
>