disc brake cover

Hey Guys ,
Removed my front wheels and there is a rubber edged vented cover that appears to be there for cooling and prtecting the disc. Is this a standard part or is it after market. The vents scoop the air onto the disc and the rubber edge wraps around the disc with good clearance. will try to post a pic but i cant get the pics on mail from the posts and saw a post for fixing my settings but no luck any tips?

Best regards Pete
On 9/05/2011 12:47 PM, nerdnetty wrote:

Hey Guys ,
Removed my front wheels and there is a rubber edged vented cover that appears to be there for cooling and prtecting the disc. Is this a standard part or is it after market. The vents scoop the air onto the disc and the rubber edge wraps around the disc with good clearance. will try to post a pic but i cant get the pics on mail from the posts and saw a post for fixing my settings but no luck any tips?

Best regards Pete

Peter,

I have not noticed this part on mine. Maybe it is an extra "top of the range" feature you have. Does it have a VW part number on it?

Cheers,

Skot

Pete,

Interesting feature. Same for the drums on the back?

Maybe your pic image file sizes are too large, so they won't download or be accepted at the syncro forum site. If so, then they have to be reduced to be "web friendly".

If this is the case there is a free program available at the moment you can go and grab it online ,so long as you do it within the next 3.5 hours .. there is a time limit to install it before it is no longer available for free. This is a standalone pic file reducer program. Might be all you need to convert to smaller pic image sizes for easier downloading. Be sure to keep separate your original files though ok.

Try it, won't do any harm, may be some help. But do it now or you'll miss out.

Cheers.
Ken

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 02:47:10 +0000
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] disc brake cover

Hey Guys ,

Best regards Pete