DOTVW 2014 Nov Williamstown run

On Sunday, 1 February 2015, 20:38, Roger Bell <rbell43@hotmail.com> wrote:

Just came across these pictures I took whilst at the  Williamstown Victoria display at the end of the run which was part of the Vic VW Club's 60th celebrations.
The hightop Trakka Caravelle Syncro T3 is a rare bird although I was dismally defeated in my efforts to get the owner to join the register. Hope the photos and background on the "Country Buggy" interest members - I was previously unaware that it was developed by VWA for the Army's Vietnam venture and then predominately sold to farmers when the Army rejected it because it didn't have 4WD.  I personally think they probably thought it too luxurious to  transport high ranking officers or possibly they held off ordering as Army intelligence predicted the T3 Syncro was coming. However Whitlam stepped in and helped stop the war selfishly precluding true believers from buying ex army Syncros down the track. (never was much good at history and political analysis.) Anyway the last picture unequivocally displays a T3 South African radiator grill with twin round headlights.
Was pleased to find these photos as I thought a computer glitch had lost them to me. Hope you agree.
Cheers
Roger

>
>
> You have been sent 10 pictures.
>
> P1190153.JPG
> P1190165.JPG
> P1190166.JPG
> P1190164.JPG
> P1190168.JPG
> P1190169.JPG
> P1190147.JPG
> P1190155.JPG
> P1190156.JPG
> P1190162.JPG
>
> These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
> Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

Nice photos Roger.

Love that high top Trakka!

Cheers,

Skot

On 2/02/2015 12:05 AM, Roger Bell bellrmit@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Just came across these pictures I took whilst at the Williamstown Victoria display at the end of the run which was part of the Vic VW Club's 60th celebrations.
The hightop Trakka Caravelle Syncro T3 is a rare bird although I was dismally defeated in my efforts to get the owner to join the register. Hope the photos and background on the "Country Buggy" interest members - I was previously unaware that it was developed by VWA for the Army's Vietnam venture and then predominately sold to farmers when the Army rejected it because it didn't have 4WD. I personally think they probably thought it too luxurious to transport high ranking officers or possibly they held off ordering as Army intelligence predicted the T3 Syncro was coming. However Whitlam stepped in and helped stop the war selfishly precluding true believers from buying ex army Syncros down the track. (never was much good at history and political analysis.) Anyway the last picture unequivocally displays a T3 South African radiator grill with twin round headlights.
Was pleased to find these photos as I thought a computer glitch had lost them to me. Hope you agree.
Cheers
Roger

>
>
>
> P1190153.JPG
> P1190165.JPG
> P1190166.JPG
> P1190164.JPG
> P1190168.JPG
> P1190169.JPG
> P1190147.JPG
> P1190155.JPG
> P1190156.JPG
> P1190162.JPG
>

Is that high top based in Vic? It's essentially identical to ours. 

On 2 Feb 2015, at 10:27 am, "spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Nice photos Roger.

Love that high top Trakka!

Cheers,

Skot

On 2/02/2015 12:05 AM, Roger Bell bellrmit@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Just came across these pictures I took whilst at the  Williamstown Victoria display at the end of the run which was part of the Vic VW Club's 60th celebrations.
The hightop Trakka Caravelle Syncro T3 is a rare bird although I was dismally defeated in my efforts to get the owner to join the register. Hope the photos and background on the "Country Buggy" interest members - I was previously unaware that it was developed by VWA for the Army's Vietnam venture and then predominately sold to farmers when the Army rejected it because it didn't have 4WD.  I personally think they probably thought it too luxurious to  transport high ranking officers or possibly they held off ordering as Army intelligence predicted the T3 Syncro was coming. However Whitlam stepped in and helped stop the war selfishly precluding true believers from buying ex army Syncros down the track. (never was much good at history and political analysis.) Anyway the last picture unequivocally displays a T3 South African radiator grill with twin round headlights.
Cheers
Roger

>
>
>
> P1190153.JPG
> P1190165.JPG
> P1190166.JPG
> P1190164.JPG
> P1190168.JPG
> P1190169.JPG
> P1190147.JPG
> P1190155.JPG
> P1190156.JPG
> P1190162.JPG
>