Drive/prop shaft and front wheel bearing

HI all, as my 'big overhaul' saga continues, I was taking off the prop shaft to check it etc. It had an arrow painted on it at the 'Doughnut' end saying F which I assume is for 'front' as that is how it was orientated.

I had a google and it seems that the 'doughnut' should be at the rear in petrol syncros. I have turned it around but just wondered whether it actually makes any difference and whether there really is a right and a wrong? It was very hard to find much out on the web about the topic.

I also  jacked the front wheel up (with prop shaft re-installed)  to spin the wheel and check wheel bearing movement, and the wheel won't spin. I told myself this must be the syncro drive train engaged. Is this normal or does this suggest a faulty VC? 

Many thanks.

Nick

Nick, not sure about the doughnut location but I know my front wheel won't spin without a fair bit of muscle and then only slowly. Eddie.

Hi I drove from the Gold Coast to Valla with the donut facing forward. I was told by syncronaughts there that I had it around the wrong way and now it is towards the back.. Diesel it is towards the front petrol it is the back.
I think less vibrations now..

Cheers Rowan

Sent from Yahoo!7 Mail on Android

To: <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Drive/prop shaft and front wheel bearing
Sent: Sat, Apr 26, 2014 11:05:04 AM

Nick, not sure about the doughnut location but I know my front wheel won't spin without a fair bit of muscle and then only slowly. Eddie.