Dubs by the Pub QLD

Saw a photo on the Kombi Club that had at least 1 syncro in the back ground and potentially one other. Anyone knows who they were and how many syncros were there?

See attached photo.

Plus I found this photo of Limey's syncro which apparently has a 2.5TDi from a late 2wd T4 that I though a few might like to see.

Skot

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 2:05 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] newby!!

I can add an anecdote to that.

My sister’s son, Ray, was the Australian representative for Heenan & Froude dynamometers some time ago and his office was at Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury Estuary in NSW, north of Sydney . 

The international sales manager was planning a trip to Australia and the head office faxed Ray and asked him to meet the sales manager – in Perth !!!

Ray rang head office and asked them if they had a world globe there.

“Can you see London ?’

‘Yes, of course!’

‘Good.  Can you see Moscow ?’

‘Err . . . yes.’

‘Right!   That’s how far Perth is from my office.’

‘Oh . . .’

As a by the way, the US is 3,6198,785 sq. miles and Australia is 2.969,907 sq. miles.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro
Sent: 21 February 2011 13:41
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] newby!!

Skot,

I always thought you are all next door neighbours in this group. From an American perspective, OZ is 100 yards away from the outback and a mile away from where Mad Max drives around.;-)

I have an acquaintance named Jo hn Smith who lives in OZ. Do you know him?

BenT_

Hi Skot,   I would like to know what a 2.5 Tdi shows on the scales...the 1.9 tdi already clocks up close to 200 kg. There woudn't be much room for luggage ( weight  wise ).

Hartmut

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:49:26 +1100
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Dubs by the Pub QLD

Saw a photo on the Kombi Club that had at least 1 syncro in the back ground and potentially one other. Anyone knows who they were and how many syncros were there?

See attached photo.

Plus I found this photo of Limey's syncro which apparently has a 2.5TDi from a late 2wd T4 that I though a few might like to see.

Skot

My sister’s son, Ray, was the Australian representative for Heenan & Froude dynamometers some time ago and his office was at Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury Estuary in NSW, north of Sydney. 

The international sales manager was planning a trip to Australia and the head office faxed Ray and asked him to meet the sales manager – in Perth!!!

“Can you see London?’

‘Yes, of course!’

‘Good.  Can you see Moscow?’

‘Err . . . yes.’

‘Oh . . .’

As a by the way, the US is 3,6198,785 sq. miles and Australia is 2.969,907 sq. miles.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

Skot,

I always thought you are all next door neighbours in this group. From an American perspective, OZ is 100 yards away from the outback and a mile away from where Mad Max drives around.;-)

I have an acquaintance named John Smith who lives in OZ. Do you know him?

BenT_

Hart,

That is a UK bus with the 2.5Tdi (saw it on a Samba thread - amazing what he has done) and I think he has significantly upgraded the brakes etc and he started with a genuine 16" syncro so it should have a fairly reasonable luggage capacity. At least the engine should pull it and the much bigger brakes stop it.

As long as the body holds up its all good.

He ran a snorkel system through the back corner LHS and out through the vent on the side near the top. No water getting in there to kill the diesel.

He also changed the accelerator pedal over from the T4 to the T3 so the engine computer wouldn't complain. Amazing detail he went to.

Skot

Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 3:30 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Dubs by the Pub QLD

Hi Skot,   I would like to know what a 2.5 Tdi shows on the scales...the 1.9 tdi already clocks up close to 200 kg. There woudn't be much room for luggage ( weight  wise ).

Hartmut

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:49:26 +1100
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Dubs by the Pub QLD

See attached photo.

Skot

My sister’s son, Ray, was the Australian representative for Heenan & Froude dynamometers some time ago and his office was at Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury Estuary in NSW, north of Sydney. 

The international sales manager was planning a trip to Australia and the head office faxed Ray and asked him to meet the sales manager – in Perth!!!

“Can you see London?’

‘Yes, of course!’

‘Good.  Can you see Moscow?’

‘Err . . . yes.’

‘Oh . . .’

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of BenT Syncro

Skot,

I have an acquaintance named John Smith who lives in OZ. Do you know him?

BenT_