fix you

Syncronauts lowlands ( Netherlands and Belgium ) is now a family : www.busman.be

mike

Mike,

The message is a bit cryptic.  Could you elaborate please?

(For new/recent members, Mike has been a member from the first days of Syncro_T3_Australia and supplies Syncro bits.)

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of mike plompen
Sent: 06 September 2009 08:09
To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com ; Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ; SyncroSA@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] fix you

Syncronauts lowlands ( Netherlands and Belgium ) is now a family : www.busman.be

mike

Hi Mike,

I’m also trying to decipher your message and can only come to the conclusion that you must have become a father!!!!

You lowlanders are even counting the letters in a word.. Anyway , if I’m right, congrats!  As for my alu dropsides, they arrive

On the 9th thank you so much for them and I hope they do arrive with not too many dints as they were only strapped up and not

Packed....

See you for the big meet next year    Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of mike plompen
Sent: Sunday, 6 September 2009 8:09 AM
To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com; Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com; SyncroSA@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] fix you

Syncronauts lowlands ( Netherlands and Belgium) is now a family : www.busman.be

mike

Hi guys,

Les said the video on my homepage needed a little explanation.

Okay, so here we go J

Syncronauts Lowlands is a group of Dutch and Belgian Syncronauts, we also have a yahoo forum like yours (syncro4wd).

One of the members of this group is Marten who drives a yellow 16 inch doka, called Doka 012. He’s had it for years and he puts lot of love in that car. Apart from that he’s also always willing to help other people out when they have issues with their vans.

Through Syncronauts Lowlands Marten met his wife Nicoline and they got married this year.

They planned a BBQ to celebrate their marriage, some of the friends of sycronauts lowlands were also invited.

But then, two weeks before the wedding, doka 012 crashed. With the marriage, moving to another house etc it would have taken Marten ages before he could get doka 012 back on the road. That is, if he still felt like repairing it.

Marcel, Marten’s brother in law and syncronaut as well, said to marten he had a place where he could store the van until Marten decided what to do with it. So the car was out of sight.

Behind Marten’s back however, syncronauts from all over Belgium and Holland came to bring parts, the car was stripped and taken to a body shop. The guy who owns that shop, also a syncronaut, dropped all his work and started working on doka 012. Meanwhile we organised a fund raise to pay for the work.

In less then two weeks, only two days before the wedding, the car was finished. Over 300 hours were spend on it, syncronauts lowlands members worked day and night.

At the BBQ we prepared a little video for Marten and Nicoline. Even when they saw the car, who was like new again, they couldn’t believe their eyes J

Here’s the link to the video clip again :

www.busman.be

mike plompen

Mike,

What a remarkable story and what wonderful camaraderie. 

With so much stinking rotten stuff going on in the world, it is really heartening to encounter something like this.

Best wishes to Marten and Nicoline fro the Australian Syncronauts. 

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of mike plompen
Sent: 06 September 2009 18:49
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: fix you

Hi guys,

Les said the video on my homepage needed a little explanation.

Okay, so here we go J

Syncronauts Lowlands is a group of Dutch and Belgian Syncronauts, we also have a yahoo forum like yours (syncro4wd).

One of the members of this group is Marten who drives a yellow 16 inch doka, called Doka 012. He’s had it for years and he puts lot of love in that car. Apart from that he’s also always willing to help other people out when they have issues with their vans.

Through Syncronauts Lowlands Marten met his wife Nicoline and they got married this year.

They planned a BBQ to celebrate their marriage, some of the friends of sycronauts lowlands were also invited.

But then, two weeks before the wedding, doka 012 crashed. With the marriage, moving to another house etc it would have taken Marten ages before he could get doka 012 back on the road. That is, if he still felt like repairing it.

Marcel, Marten’s brother in law and syncronaut as well, said to marten he had a place where he could store the van until Marten decided what to do with it. So the car was out of sight.

Behind Marten’s back however, syncronauts from all over Belgium and Holland came to bring parts, the car was stripped and taken to a body shop. The guy who owns that shop, also a syncronaut, dropped all his work and started working on doka 012. Meanwhile we organised a fund raise to pay for the work.

In less then two weeks, only two days before the wedding, the car was finished. Over 300 hours were spend on it, syncronauts lowlands members worked day and night.

At the BBQ we prepared a little video for Marten and Nicoline. Even when they saw the car, who was like new again, they couldn’t believe their eyes J

Here’s the link to the video clip again :

www.busman.be

mike plompen

Hartmut,

If you are using IE, Mike’s homepage opens with a blank video screen within it.  You need to click on the play arrow to set it in motion.  I missed this the first time around.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
Sent: 06 September 2009 17:22
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ; Syncro@yahoogroups.com ; SyncroSA@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] fix you

Hi Mike,

I’m also trying to decipher your message and can only come to the conclusion that you must have become a father!!!!

You lowlanders are even counting the letters in a word.. Anyway , if I’m right, congrats!  As for my alu dropsides, they arrive

On the 9th thank you so much for them and I hope they do arrive with not too many dints as they were only strapped up and not

Packed....

Thanks Les,

You are so much better with  this computer stuff than me,  ‘cause I’m still missing it. Doesn’t matter , Elke is coming home tomorrow

And can explain to me what I can’t see...........HA

Also, Les, Mike has a syn gearbox which he had bought on Ebay and which my friend who lives in Hamburg delivered to him when he picked up my drop sides. May be it would be the thing for Sam maybe worth asking Mike.. Just a thought.

Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Les_Harris
Sent: Sunday, 6 September 2009 7:46 PM

Hartmut,

If you are using IE, Mike’s homepage opens with a blank video screen within it.  You need to click on the play arrow to set it in motion.  I missed this the first time around.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com; Syncro@yahoogroups.com; SyncroSA@yahoogroups.com

Hi Mike,

Packed....

Hartmut,

Leave the video bit to Elke. 

Gearboxes, however, are another matter.  Australia is short of gearboxes and any contact we can get, like Mike, will help.

Lloyd Davies of Volkwerke in Melbourne unearthed some VAG reconditioned 094 boxes when past member Francesca Coles needed serious box work.  Unfortunately, Francesca chose not to renew her membership so we can’t confirm those details.  I will ring Lloyd tomorrow and ask who he contacted at VAG.  It might have been the Classic Parts outfit.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
Sent: 06 September 2009 20:57

Thanks Les,

You are so much better with  this computer stuff than me,  ‘cause I’m still missing it. Doesn’t matter , Elke is coming home tomorrow

And can explain to me what I can’t see......... ..HA

Also, Les, Mike has a syn gearbox which he had bought on Ebay and which my friend who lives in Hamburg delivered to him when he picked up my drop sides. May be it would be the thing for Sam maybe worth asking Mike.. Just a thought.

Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto: Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Les_Harris
Sent: Sunday, 6 September 2009 7:46 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] fix you

Hartmut,

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto: Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com ; Syncro@yahoogroups. com ; SyncroSA@yahoogroup s.com
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] fix you

Hi Mike,

Packed....