Front diff Axle flange spacers

Hi all,
Just a quick question about flange spacers on the front diff assemble. There is a spacer in between the axle flange and the CV joint on my 89 Caravelle and not on my 91.  It does not seem to be mentioned anything about them in the manuals I have.  What are the spacer for and are they on any particular model?  The spacer are about 2 mm thick.  Just hoping someone can shed some light on it for me. 

Cheers,

Michael Roberts

Michael
My 1991 front diff  has 5mm flange spacers each side but as you say no mention or drawing of them in Bentleys, page 39.31 .I would also like to know what ,where and when.

Graham

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 3:55 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Front diff Axle flange spacers

Hi all,
Just a quick question about flange spacers on the front diff assemble. There is a spacer in between the axle flange and the CV joint on my 89 Caravelle and not on my 91.  It does not seem to be mentioned anything about them in the manuals I have.  What are the spacer for and are they on any particular model?  The spacer are about 2 mm thick.  Just hoping someone can shed some light on it for me. 

Cheers,

Michael Roberts

Michael, see page 40.15 of bentleys. The spacer should be there. I have not measured it but I think it is thicker than 2mm, may be 5mm. Greg E

--- On Mon, 2/8/10, Michael Roberts <type500@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Front diff Axle flange spacers
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Monday, 2 August, 2010, 3:55 PM

Hi all,

Cheers,

Michael Roberts

All 14" syncros have them.

> Michael Roberts <type500@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Just a quick question about flange spacers on the front diff assemble.
> There is
> a spacer in between the axle flange and the CV joint on my 89 Caravelle
> and not
> on my 91. It does not seem to be mentioned anything about them in the
> manuals I
> have. What are the spacer for and are they on any particular model?
> The spacer
> are about 2 mm thick. Just hoping someone can shed some light on it for
> me.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Roberts
Thanks Greg, don't know how I mist that I was only looking at the page earlier.  Phil if all 14" syncros have them I assume that someone left them off my 91 when changing the CV's.  what are they there for? as my van has been running with out them for quit so time.  are the drive shaft 5mm to short? any clues?

Cheers,

Michael Roberts 

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, August 2, 2010 8:04:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Front diff Axle flange spacers

Michael, see page 40.15 of bentleys. The spacer should be there. I have not measured it but I think it is thicker than 2mm, may be 5mm. Greg E

--- On Mon, 2/8/10, Michael Roberts <type500@yahoo. com> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Front diff Axle flange spacers
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Received: Monday, 2 August, 2010, 3:55 PM

Hi all,

Cheers,

Michael Roberts

. are the drive shaft 5mm too short? any
> clues?
>

Probably.