Fw: [Syncro_T3_Australia] T3 with factory sunroof.

Sorry this link takes you direct to the description and photos.$1625 was the current bid when I posted this but the reserve was not met. its a 1.9l 2WD T3 Caravelle.
Roger

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320651143754

--- On Fri, 4/2/11, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] T3 with factory sunroof.
To: "Syncro Aust Group" <syncro_t3_australia@yahoogroups.com>
Received: Friday, 4 February, 2011, 8:21 PM

Someone with much tenacity, a can opener and welding gear may wish to pursue this as a cheap way of getting an OEM passenger compartment steel sunroof (and some other Caravelle goodies) into their Syncro. Love to see the outcome if anyone takes up the challenge.
Roger

Here I am trying to sell one in California for US$500 and can't get anyone to respond. Of  course the steering wheel is not on the side that you Aussies do not prefer.

BenT

Sent from my $500 sunroof Caravelle

On Feb 4, 2011, at 5:07 AM, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Sorry this link takes you direct to the description and photos.$1625 was the current bid when I posted this but the reserve was not met. its a 1.9l 2WD T3 Caravelle.
Roger

Someone with much tenacity, a can opener and welding gear may wish to pursue this as a cheap way of getting an OEM passenger compartment steel sunroof (and some other Caravelle goodies) into their Syncro. Love to see the outcome if anyone takes up the challenge.
Roger

Ben -its also the problem of trying to stuff it into a DHL sachel. Perhaps the LHD is not such a problem as it appears from the photos that you stand in the middle and drive it looking out the sunroof.
Keep optimistic - they tell me that the US economy is picking up.Ours is about to go gangbusters on the basis of a disaster led recovery.I'm expecting Syncros to be made compulsory in flood and cyclone prone areas.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Fri, 4/2/11, BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] T3 with factory sunroof.
To: "Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Received: Friday, 4 February, 2011, 9:51 PM

Here I am trying to sell one in California for US$500 and can't get anyone to respond. Of  course the steering wheel is not on the side that you Aussies do not prefer.

BenT

Roger

Roger

Roger,

If you trim all the LHD 2wd within a few centimeters of the perimeter of the large sunroof, a DHL sachel might do at that. Would you like me to make some inquiries? 

Cheers,

BenT

On Feb 4, 2011, at 6:33 AM, Roger Bell <bellrmit@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Ben -its also the problem of trying to stuff it into a DHL sachel. Perhaps the LHD is not such a problem as it appears from the photos that you stand in the middle and drive it looking out the sunroof.
Keep optimistic - they tell me that the US economy is picking up.Ours is about to go gangbusters on the basis of a disaster led recovery.I'm expecting Syncros to be made compulsory in flood and cyclone prone areas.
Cheers
Roger

--- On Fri, 4/2/11, BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] T3 with factory sunroof.
To: "Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Received: Friday, 4 February, 2011, 9:51 PM

BenT

Roger

Roger