G11, G12+ or G12++

Hello to all, We have rebuilt the 2.1 motor including new heads, the gearbox by now is at Rudi's for rebuild and the cooling system is about to be replaced with new everything.

The question of coolant is now on the table and I was wondering if there is any advantage or difference between bilstein G11, G12+ or G12++ in terms of effectiveness or longevity?

Thanks Greg N WA  

Hi all just wondering which one of these coolants is the best to use in our 2.1 engine or are they much of  a much?

Regards GregN

I use G11 a it was designed for this engine and does not have to be replaced.

G12+ & G12++ is probably OK but it is very important to use distilled water.
I use G11. I find G 12 causes more crusty weeping situations than G 12 ever did. Gregor 

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 20 Oct 2016, at 1:14 PM, plander@optusnet.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I use G11 a it was designed for this engine and does not have to be replaced.

G12+ & G12++ is probably OK but it is very important to use distilled water.

Some good info on G11 onwards coolants are found here, in particular if
they can be mixed.

http://www.import-car.com/volkswagen-identifying-and-mixing-factory-fill-engine-coolants/

I also copied the into a pdf file if anyone wants to keep the info on hand.

Hans

Thank you for your help with this.

I have had some G11 un-opened since 2014 and wondered if it has a shelf life and I should buy some more.

GregN
Use it

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 20 Oct 2016, at 3:14 PM, greg.navarro61@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thank you for your help with this.

I have had some G11 un-opened since 2014 and wondered if it has a shelf life and I should buy some more.

GregN

Thanks for all your support with the coolant question.
very helpful. Greg N