Gettn cranky

Here is the crank set up of our 10kw VW 1600 industrial set up. The gadget driven by the toothed belt keeps the generator at constant rpm.
My dad's first beetle (1949) had this nut ex factory. They possibly were the only ones they had , remnants of the war productions.
Hart
I think my old country buggy had provision for a hand-crank too. Never used it.

Years ago I had an old Morris 8/40 with a dead starter. Used to park on hills for a clutch-start, and always chose girls with powerful thighs.

Once got stuck between hills and had to jack it up and spin the back wheel by hand with the car in gear (ignition on). Worked a treat.

Roger.

But where do you put the nut on a T3? There's no straight line into a pulley from the outside?

My brother had a '54 for a while, but can't remember if it had that nut on it or not.

Hart, yours looks like an ex army generator, they were all 1500's from memory. The good thing is they were mostly stock (crank/barrels/cam etc), just de-rated for use as an industrial engine (single port heads). Many ended up in beetles as they were a lot cheaper than re-building.

Roger, loved your email. I also got good at roll starting our beetle years ago when the battery packed it in. Amazing how good you get at it when you need to!

Richard

---In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, <hartis@...> wrote :

Here is the crank set up of our 10kw VW 1600 industrial set up. The gadget driven by the toothed belt keeps the generator at constant rpm.
My dad's first beetle (1949) had this nut ex factory. They possibly were the only ones they had , remnants of the war productions.
Hart