I see that Gordon from SA is visiting us in November and hopes to meet
up with some of our members at Sydney. He will be bringing some of his
syncro wares for sale and I am wondering if there is an oppertunity to
setup some orders arrangement.

I for one would be interested to order;
a set of LCA bushes
a propshaft bush
a set of transmission oiling plates.

If Perth was a bit closer I would make an effort to meet Gordon.

Yurik
Syncro 16"
Perth WA
Yurik,

Gordon's direct e-mail is:

Les

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 11:08 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Gordon Craig's visit to Australia

Hi Les

I see that Gordon from SA is visiting us in November and hopes to meet
up with some of our members at Sydney. He will be bringing some of his
syncro wares for sale and I am wondering if there is an oppertunity to
setup some orders arrangement.

I for one would be interested to order;
a set of LCA bushes
a propshaft bush
a set of transmission oiling plates.

If Perth was a bit closer I would make an effort to meet Gordon.

Yurik
Syncro 16"
Perth WA

Hi Yurik,

I would be very interested in participating in a group purchase. I would be after a propshaft bush and the gearbox oil deflecting plates depending on the prices of course.

I already have a set of LCA bushes from Gordon but would be keen on a set of upper bushes if they are available.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Gordon has just emailed me to say he will be passing through Perth on 12 Dec on his way home to SA. I will be meeting up with him over here and so would be in a position to

organize a group order. Will ask him about the upper bushes.

If others are interested in any goodies from SA let me know. Gordon is planning to bring :

gearbox oil deflecting plates

propshaft bushes

LCA bushes

Smoked front indicators

There may be other items – will find out and also the prices.

Those of you who are meeting up with Gordon on the East cost will no doubt deal directly with him.

ps  My 2.5L Suburu conversion has transformed the Syncro – its fantastic!  More torque throughout the rev range, good power, at the same time better fuel economy. But then I am talking to the converted!

Yurik

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Ruth Phillips/Andy Johns
Sent: Tuesday, 17 October 2006 7:26 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Gordon Craig's visit to Australia

Hi Yurik,

I would be very interested in participating in a group purchase. I would be after a propshaft bush and the gearbox oil deflecting plates depending on the prices of course.

I already have a set of LCA bushes from Gordon but would be keen on a set of upper bushes if they are available.

Cheers,

Andy.

Yurik,

Indeed you are talking to the converted and I agree with all your comments.

I loved my Syncro before the conversion. Now I am just quite simply amazed by it every time I jump in and turn the key. It really is an incredible vehicle now, as I imagine you would agree. I have really given mine a work out in the sand over the last few weeks and it has not let me down for a second. I seem to have effortlessly traversed stuff that vehicles behind me have struggled with a little (2005 diesel Pajero and 2001 diesel Hilux) although I have more experience and also know the routes taken.

How long since you finished the conversion?

I too made contact with Gordon last night. He indicated that he will be doing a lot of driving and may be able to drop in here in Ceduna.

If a group purchase would make any purchases cheaper for us and simpler for Gordon, then perhaps that would be a good way to go but maybe we could organise x no. of ‘drop off’ points that are along his proposed route?

Cheers,

Andy.

Gday Yurik,

I'm just wondering, to gain maximum benefit from the more powerful
Subaru motor, is it necessary to also modify the gear ratios in the
transmission? Cheers.

Ken

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Yurik Orlowsky"
<yuriko@...> wrote:
>
>
> ps My 2.5L Suburu conversion has transformed the Syncro - its
fantastic!
> More torque throughout the rev range, good power, at the same time
better
> fuel economy. But then I am talking to the converted!
>

Hi Ken,

Quite a few Syncro owners in the USA have tried different gear ratios with their conversions with satisfaction particularly a higher top gear to reduce the RPM for highway driving.  I am more interested in off road work and need good torque at low RPM and so the stock G, 1st ,2nd and 3rd ratios provide this.  With our vast distances to travel before reaching 4X4 destinations, a higher ratio top gear would be handy. One of our members, Andrew Keith in Melbourne , is doing a similar conversion and he will be using a 0.77 ratio for 4th gear (obtained from Albins) – will be good to get feedback from him.

Regards

Yurik

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Ken
Sent: Wednesday, 18 October 2006 9:21 PM

Gday Yurik,

I'm just wondering, to gain maximum benefit from the more powerful
Subaru motor, is it necessary to also modify the gear ratios in the
transmission? Cheers.

Ken

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "Yurik Orlowsky"
<yuriko@...> wrote:

>
>
> ps My 2.5L Suburu conversion has transformed the Syncro - its
fantastic!
> More torque throughout the rev range, good power, at the same time
better
> fuel economy. But then I am talking to the converted!
>

Hi Andy,

If Gordon’s itinerary will suit multiple ‘drop off’ points then that may be the way to go. Its up to him – perhaps you might suggest this to him.

I completed my conversion about one month ago and did a maiden trip (3K km) up to Mt Augustus and the Kennedy Ranges (East of Carnarvon – see attached photo).  It performed flawlessly and is such a pleasure to drive. I am looking forward to some sand work.

Regards

Yurik

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Ruth Phillips/Andy Johns
Sent: Wednesday, 18 October 2006 7:49 PM

Yurik,

Indeed you are talking to the converted and I agree with all your comments.

I loved my Syncro before the conversion. Now I am just quite simply amazed by it every time I jump in and turn the key. It really is an incredible vehicle now, as I imagine you would agree. I have really given mine a work out in the sand over the last few weeks and it has not let me down for a second. I seem to have effortlessly traversed stuff that vehicles behind me have struggled with a little (2005 diesel Pajero and 2001 diesel Hilux) although I have more experience and also know the routes taken.

How long since you finished the conversion?

I too made contact with Gordon last night. He indicated that he will be doing a lot of driving and may be able to drop in here in Ceduna.

If a group purchase would make any purchases cheaper for us and simpler for Gordon, then perhaps that would be a good way to go but maybe we could organise x no. of ‘drop off’ points that are along his proposed route?

Cheers,

Andy.