JK Expansion Tanks

After fitting a new coolant expansion tank cap, the small leak from the tank is now a considerable leak that needs addressing.

I see that JK have these tanks (025 121 321B) in stock but there is no reference to the manufacturer. Are these any good? Anyone else using one of these and can comment? I have read enough stories about the quality of JK products to be wary.

I have something else to buy from Just Kampers so would make sense to purchase from there.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Jon.
You are definitely on the right track Jon. Haven't bought that actual product though. Before they redid their website it was possible to shop by brand, which is what I started to do after being very disappointed by lots of their "in house" products. Greg E

To: "Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 24 September 2013 1:28 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] JK Expansion Tanks

After fitting a new coolant expansion tank cap, the small leak from the tank is now a considerable leak that needs addressing. 

I see that JK have these tanks (025 121 321B) in stock but there is no reference to the manufacturer. Are these any good? Anyone else using one of these and can comment? I have read enough stories about the quality of JK products to be wary.

I have something else to buy from Just Kampers so would make sense to purchase from there.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Jon.

Jon,

Getting known, proven brands is always a bit of a worry but there are several long-standing and very reliable businesses.  One is Volks Home in Thomastown in Victoria ; speak to John Goodison.  John is the technical officer for the VW Club of Victoria , has been a VW person forever and is very knowledgeable.  In my experience, John stocks only known brands with a proven record.

Phone: 03 9464 0366.  Tell him that you are a member of Syncro_T3_Australia.      

Les

Thanks Les. Will get in touch with Volks Home.

On 24/09/2013, at 8:04 PM, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Jon,

Getting known, proven brands is always a bit of a worry but there are several long-standing and very reliable businesses.  One is Volks Home in Thomastown in Victoria ; speak to John Goodison.  John is the technical officer for the VW Club of Victoria , has been a VW person forever and is very knowledgeable.  In my experience, John stocks only known brands with a proven record.

Les

Just an update on this. Went to see John Goodison and Volks Home the other week and he managed to source an original quality expansion tank from somewhere in Tasmania. This was after he turned away two deliveries of tanks that he deemed to be of inferior quality. Couldn't recommend John and Volks Home more.

Got a new sensor at the same time. Successfully fitted both at the weekend. A slight weep from the sensor which I suspect just needs tightening up (applied Vaseline but didn't have correct tool to torque beyond finger tight).

Cheers.

Jon.

Jon,

Les

"A slight weep from the sensor which I suspect just needs tightening up (applied Vaseline but didn't have correct tool to torque beyond finger tight)." You did put a sealing washer on that sensor? Greg E

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 21 October 2013 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] JK Expansion Tanks

Just an update on this. Went to see John Goodison and Volks Home the other week and he managed to source an original quality expansion tank from somewhere in Tasmania. This was after he turned away two deliveries of tanks that he deemed to be of inferior quality. Couldn't recommend John and Volks Home more.

Got a new sensor at the same time. Successfully fitted both at the weekend. A slight weep from the sensor which I suspect just needs tightening up (applied Vaseline but didn't have correct tool to torque beyond finger tight).

Cheers.

Jon.

Jon,
Les

Yep it came with one.

On 21/10/2013, at 3:57 PM, Greg Esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:

"A slight weep from the sensor which I suspect just needs tightening up (applied Vaseline but didn't have correct tool to torque beyond finger tight)." You did put a sealing washer on that sensor? Greg E

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 21 October 2013 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] JK Expansion Tanks

Cheers.

Jon.

Jon,
Les