Kafer + co

Hello one and all, Just wondering if anyone has been able to get parts from Kafer + co. As far as I can make out on their web site (in German)they do not post to Aus. I am trying to get a DJ P&L set, here is the link.

http://www.kaefer-co.de/article/1327/Kolben_und_Zylinder_Satz_82_kW_112_PS.html

If anyone knows how to get around this I would greatly appreciate the help. Greg E

Hi Greg,

Just gone through their fine print. On international orders they demand pre-payment. There is nothing mentioned that they don’t send to Oz. The quoted price includes GST which you don’t have to pay . The GST will work out to be Euro 79.—so you will be billed  Euro +- 410.—for the set  of 112 hp DJs.  Good luck. Please ask if you need help with german............Hart

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gregespo73
Sent: Thursday, 16 June 2011 2:57 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kafer + co

Hello one and all, Just wondering if anyone has been able to get parts from Kafer + co. As far as I can make out on their web site (in German)they do not post to Aus. I am trying to get a DJ P&L set, here is the link.

If anyone knows how to get around this I would greatly appreciate the help. Greg E

Thanks Hart, Funny thing is I actually had 15 minutes to myself this arvo and pressure tested the cooling system. It was only the small flared hose that goes rearwards from the t/stat housing. So the old MV lives to fight another day. I will do the engine probably next year. What I did find out is that mahle are not making dj pistons anymore, kolbenschmidt make these with mahle liners. This must be why tooleys don't have them any more as they are mahle agents. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that between now and when I build one of the piston manufactures comes out with a high compression (10-10.5 : 1) 96mm piston, yeh dreaming. Greg E

Sent: Thursday, 16 June 2011 7:18 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kafer + co

Hi Greg,
Just gone through their fine print. On international orders they demand pre-payment. There is nothing mentioned that they don’t send to Oz. The quoted price includes GST which you don’t have to pay . The GST will work out to be Euro 79.—so you will be billed  Euro +- 410.—for the set  of 112 hp DJs.  Good luck. Please ask if you need help with german............Hart

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gregespo73

Glad to hear your engine lives to box another day. All those scare stories about Waterpissers obviously got to you, Greg.

Francesca.

On 16 June 2011 20:49, greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks Hart, Funny thing is I actually had 15 minutes to myself this arvo and pressure tested the cooling system. It was only the small flared hose that goes rearwards from the t/stat housing. So the old MV lives to fight another day. I will do the engine probably next year. What I did find out is that mahle are not making dj pistons anymore, kolbenschmidt make these with mahle liners. This must be why tooleys don't have them any more as they are mahle agents. I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that between now and when I build one of the piston manufactures comes out with a high compression (10-10.5 : 1) 96mm piston, yeh dreaming. Greg E

From: Hartmut Kiehn <hartis@live.com.au>Sent: Thursday, 16 June 2011 7:18 PM

Hi Greg,
Just gone through their fine print. On international orders they demand pre-payment. There is nothing mentioned that they don’t send to Oz. The quoted price includes GST which you don’t have to pay . The GST will work out to be Euro 79.—so you will be billed Euro +- 410.—for the set of 112 hp DJs. Good luck. Please ask if you need help with german............Hart

Greg,

I use an internet browser called SRWare Iron, it's made by Google but its not Google Chrome, which has loads of crap and reporting features not desirable for end users.

SRWare cuts out all the crap .... its a great efficient browser, just have to learn how to use it. In its preferences it allows you to enable translation of foreign language web pages, so for example it will interpret to English everything on the Kaefer website. Only trouble is it may do Hartmut out of his excellent interpretive skills. 

SRWare Iron can be downloaded from here: http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Cheers.

Ken

Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 04:57:20 +0000

Francesca, That is exactly what happened. Two kids running around my feet and a quick peek under the bus and I assumed the worst. I have to admit to a hankering to break open the cases and make the old brick pull up hills better.

Ken, Thanks, my google browser does that too. When "translate" is engagaed on the kafer site you cannot progress through the checkout for some reason. Greg E

Sent: Thursday, 16 June 2011 9:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Kafer + co

Glad to hear your engine lives to box another day. All those scare stories about Waterpissers obviously got to you, Greg.

Francesca. 

On 16 June 2011 20:49, greg esposito <gregespo73@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Hartmut Kiehn <hartis@live.com.au>Sent: Thursday, 16 June 2011 7:18 PM

Hi Greg,