Looking for replacement front wheel bearings

G'day, It seems my left front wheel bearing has excessive play on the just as I've been given 6 weeks off work. Had planned to take the syncro up the west coast though now that this problem has popped up I've been searching for a local solution to save time. Anyone know where I can pick up a set of bearings? I believe the part number is 251.407.625
Am in adelaide though I would consider driving as far as melbourne if I knew someone had them in stock. cheers,erik

Erik,

Try Lloyd Davies (Volkwerke) (03) 9435 1868

Fact 1/ 171 Para Rd , Greensborough, VIC 3088

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of erik h
Sent: 12 April 2011 12:04
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Looking for replacement front wheel bearings

G'day, It seems my left front wheel bearing has excessive play on the just as I've been given 6 weeks off work. Had planned to take the syncro up the west coast though now that this problem has popped up I've been searching for a local solution to save time. Anyone know where I can pick up a set of bearings? I believe the part number is 251.407.625
Am in adelaide though I would consider driving as far as melbourne if I knew someone had them in stock. cheers,erik

Erik

Try “Imparts” they are in Adelaide - 375 Main Rd, Enfield, Ph 8260 3667

Regards Yurik

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of erik h
Sent: Tuesday, 12 April 2011 10:04 AM

Erik

The Ph for Imparts in Adelaide is now listed as 8162 8994

Yurik

Sent: Tuesday, 12 April 2011 10:04 AM

Hey Erik, I did one many moons ago, pressed out the old one and went to the local bearing supplier and matched it. I wrote the number in my little black book, I think this is it, SKF ba2b309609ad. No guaranties but if it works will be a lot cheaper and easier than parts places. Greg E

--- On Tue, 12/4/11, erik h <erikhoeflinger@hotmail.com> wrote:

Received: Tuesday, 12 April, 2011, 12:04 PM

New wheel bearings are on their way. I had a local bearing supplier match the bearing and got a call back just now saying he can get me 2 by thursday. Any way thanks to all the members that helped out. With a little luck the syncro will be running strong thursday arvoSmile

Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 20:42:51 -0700
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Looking for replacement front wheel bearings

Hey Erik, I did one many moons ago, pressed out the old one and went to the local bearing supplier and matched it. I wrote the number in my little black book, I think this is it, SKF ba2b309609ad. No guaranties but if it works will be a lot cheaper and easier than parts places. Greg E

Good stuff Erik. Are you doing ball joints / bushes whilst you have the hubs off? Could you do us all a favour and post the numbers off the side of the new bearing. Enjoy the coast - I am bloody jealous. Greg E

--- On Tue, 12/4/11, erik Hoeflinger <erikhoeflinger@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Looking for replacement front wheel bearings
To: syncro_t3_australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Tuesday, 12 April, 2011, 4:41 PM

New wheel bearings are on their way. I had a local bearing supplier match the bearing and got a call back just now saying he can get me 2 by thursday. Any way thanks to all the members that helped out. With a little luck the syncro will be running strong thursday arvoSmile

Hey greg, yes good idea I'll make sure to post up the bearing numbers. I replaced the steering stabilizer, upper/lower control arm bushes and upper/lower ball joints about 2 months ago so the wheel bearings should be the last thing in need of replacement up front. Will be my first trip anywhere in the syncro as it's spent it's life on ramps since I bought it over 2 years ago. This trip is more of an experiment to see if I haven't put everything together back to front. I'll get a few pics up here if I make it back:)

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 01:36:42 -0700

Good stuff Erik. Are you doing ball joints / bushes whilst you have the hubs off? Could you do us all a favour and post the numbers off the side of the new bearing. Enjoy the coast - I am bloody jealous. Greg E

Well done Erik,

I look forward to the photos and a full trip report.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Skot

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:35 PM

Hey greg, yes good idea I'll make sure to post up the bearing numbers. I replaced the steering stabilizer, upper/lower control arm bushes and upper/lower ball joints about 2 months ago so the wheel bearings should be the last thing in need of replacement up front. Will be my first trip anywhere in the syncro as it's spent it's life on ramps since I bought it over 2 years ago. This trip is more of an experiment to see if I haven't put everything together back to front. I'll get a few pics up here if I make it back:)

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 01:36:42 -0700

Hi Dean at imparts european at Mile End would have that in stock
Alf

Sent: Tue, 12 April, 2011 11:34:16 AM

Thanks alf I've written it down for future reference. My bearings arrived today and for those interested the ID is as follows. FAG 527243 CA and cost was $96.90 each.

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 04:04:24 -0700

Alf

Erik,

A couple of OS bearing sources, I guess IF you weren't in a hurry  ....

Cheers.
Ken

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 10:05:26 +0930

Thanks alf I've written it down for future reference. My bearings arrived today and for those interested the ID is as follows. FAG 527243 CA and cost was $96.90 each.

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 04:04:24 -0700

Alf