Looks like I'm going subaru... any advice for me?

I have them in both my 89's, never looked in my '82 models. The factory one is not much more than a thread under the floor. I fitted one of those bars in my '77, but agree are ugly and hamper use of the fold down rear seat.

In my type 3's I have use the std nut mounted to large flat plate and just a hole through the rear parcel shelf. They are available from most places that sell baby stuff (I might have even bought from Kmart years ago), would achieve similar to the factory style, and was approved in the type 3's OK (in QLD). Would not work in the roof easily though.

Still is worth checking out options before doing an mods!

Have a great Christmas all, and all the best for the new year. I'm heading home to see what the kids have done to the Syncro, apparently it's been decked out with Christmas decorations for Sunday's running around....

Richard

---In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, <gregespo73@...> wrote :

Nice to hear from you Les. Brent, child anchor points were introduced around 1990 when that ADR came out. Early vans don't have them. The Gowesty "drill through the rain channel" option is seriously lacking. I would replicate the factory set up. If you use identical materials and methods no engineer can argue to its validity. Sometimes those Ozzie made bars come up on eBay but they are cumbersome and involve damage to an obvious area of the interior. Gregor

From: "manxdune@... [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, 21 December 2016, 16:51
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Looks like I'm going subaru... any advice for me?

The child seat anchorage points are built into the body just in front of the engine hatch, you can tell this because they have an imperial thread. They will be present in all vehicles apart from the Telstra spec syncros. They can be a pain in this position as they reduce storage/luggage space behind the seat. 

Mounting high up at the "D"pillar does open up the area and I would say gives a better angle.

Brent