Meeting Another List Member.

Today I had the pleasure of 90 minutes with Yurik from Perth, as he
was driving from Perth to Melbourne/Hobart in his wonderful 16"
Trakka converted camper.
I have been driving Syncros for 4 1/2 years now, and have been fairly
active on the various lists but have, until today not actually met
another list member.
Thanks for the visit Yurik, and thanks for getting this list going
Leslie!
What a vehicle Yurik has. So many factory and aftermarket additions
to an already great bus that has some interesting personal history to
it.
I just love the internet. For me, as a person with "out of the
ordinary taste" in vehicles and living so remote, it is an absolute
necessity and godsend.

Regards,
Andy.
Andy,

I am sure that the Melbourne members would equally enjoy the chance
to meet Yurik. Please ask him for a rough itinary so that I can try
to organize a get-together in Melbourne while he is here. My
contact numbers are home 03 9327 7609, work 03 96472678, mobile 0427
122 392.

Thanks

Les Harris


--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "raredownunder"
<ruthandy@b...> wrote:
>
> Today I had the pleasure of 90 minutes with Yurik from Perth, as
he
> was driving from Perth to Melbourne/Hobart in his wonderful 16"
> Trakka converted camper.
> I have been driving Syncros for 4 1/2 years now, and have been
fairly
> active on the various lists but have, until today not actually met
> another list member.
> Thanks for the visit Yurik, and thanks for getting this list going
> Leslie!
> What a vehicle Yurik has. So many factory and aftermarket
additions
> to an already great bus that has some interesting personal history
to
> it.
> I just love the internet. For me, as a person with "out of the
> ordinary taste" in vehicles and living so remote, it is an
absolute
> necessity and godsend.
>
> Regards,
> Andy.
Count me in on that Les,
I'm actually up in Northern China at the moment towards the Nth Korean border but should be home on the 27th.I can even read about Syncros up here on the internet.
Cheers
Roger

Leslie C E Harris <leslieharris@optushome.com.au> wrote:

Andy,

I am sure that the Melbourne members would equally enjoy the chance
to meet Yurik.  Please ask him for a rough itinary so that I can try
to organize a get-together in Melbourne while he is here.  My
contact numbers are home 03 9327 7609, work 03 96472678, mobile 0427
122 392.

Thanks

Les Harris


--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "raredownunder"
<ruthandy@b...> wrote:
>
> Today I had the pleasure of 90 minutes with Yurik from Perth, as
he
> was driving from Perth to Melbourne/Hobart in his wonderful 16"
> Trakka converted camper.
> I have been driving Syncros for 4 1/2 years now, and have been
fairly
> active on the various lists but have, until today not actually met
> another list member.
> Thanks for the visit Yurik, and thanks for getting this list going
> Leslie!
> What a vehicle Yurik has. So many factory and aftermarket
additions
> to an already great bus that has some interesting personal history
to
> it.
> I just love the internet. For me, as a person with "out of the
> ordinary taste" in vehicles and living so remote, it is an
absolute
> necessity and godsend.
>
> Regards,
> Andy.






Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.

Roger,

Thanks for the contact. I am not sure where Yurik is at the
moment. He has left Andy (in Ceduna) and is presumably heading our
way. Stay in contact.

All Victorian Members:

There is a Volkswagen Club day coming up shortly and this would be a
good venue to get members together. I have temporarily mislaid the
details but will post them as soon as I find them. It would be
great if we could get Yurik there as well.

Les Harris
Australian Syncronauts

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Roger Bell
<bellrmit@y...> wrote:
> Count me in on that Les,
> I'm actually up in Northern China at the moment towards the Nth
Korean border but should be home on the 27th.I can even read about
Syncros up here on the internet.
> Cheers
> Roger
>
> Leslie C E Harris <leslieharris@o...> wrote:
>
> Andy,
>
> I am sure that the Melbourne members would equally enjoy the
chance
> to meet Yurik. Please ask him for a rough itinary so that I can
try
> to organize a get-together in Melbourne while he is here. My
> contact numbers are home 03 9327 7609, work 03 96472678, mobile
0427
> 122 392.
>
> Thanks
>
> Les Harris
>
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "raredownunder"
> <ruthandy@b...> wrote:
> >
> > Today I had the pleasure of 90 minutes with Yurik from Perth, as
> he
> > was driving from Perth to Melbourne/Hobart in his wonderful 16"
> > Trakka converted camper.
> > I have been driving Syncros for 4 1/2 years now, and have been
> fairly
> > active on the various lists but have, until today not actually
met
> > another list member.
> > Thanks for the visit Yurik, and thanks for getting this list
going
> > Leslie!
> > What a vehicle Yurik has. So many factory and aftermarket
> additions
> > to an already great bus that has some interesting personal
history
> to
> > it.
> > I just love the internet. For me, as a person with "out of the
> > ordinary taste" in vehicles and living so remote, it is an
> absolute
> > necessity and godsend.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Andy.
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> Syncro_T3_Australia-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! Movies.
Les,
 
Would that be the cruise & campout at Kennett River this weekend?  I'm planning to go, but you'd need to see if there are still any bookings left at the caravan park (5289 0272).
The cruise leaves the Shell Servo at Laverton (9.30 for 10.00) Saturday morning, but, provided you (or any-one else) can get a spot at the caravan park, you could come later.
 
Brian Reed
Brian,

No, it was something else that appeared in the current club
newsletter. I now find that I have deleted the newsletter! I have
e-mailed Matt Kinsey and asked if he can send it again. If you
still have it, could you forward it please?


Thanks

Les


--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Reed"
<breed@b...> wrote:
> Les,
>
> Would that be the cruise & campout at Kennett River this weekend?
I'm planning to go, but you'd need to see if there are still any
bookings left at the caravan park (5289 0272).
> The cruise leaves the Shell Servo at Laverton (9.30 for 10.00)
Saturday morning, but, provided you (or any-one else) can get a spot
at the caravan park, you could come later.
>
> Brian Reed