New Member - Introduction

They're just too tight to pay the extra.

> Mr Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> Greg,
>
> I'm not really sure, but the Kombi club folk are looking into a Bust
> Stop trip to tassie in Easter 2014 and they were all saying that the 2.1
>
> height restriction applies. There is a higher clearance area but
> apparently that is still 2.1m max!
>
> Hope Im wrong as that seems very low.
>
> Skot
>
> On 12/06/2012 10:06 PM, greg esposito wrote:
> > Are you sure Scott? I think there is just a limited amount of spots
> > for high vehicles. Usually if you make your booking online a red
> > message will tell you if the high parking spots are sold out. The big
> > frieght trucks tend to book them out early. Greg E
> >
> > *From:* Mr Scott Pitcher <spbconsulting@bigpond.com>
> > *To:* Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > *Sent:* Tuesday, 12 June 2012 9:41 PM
> > *Subject:* [Syncro_T3_Australia] Tassie Trip People - Boat Height
> > Clearance 2.1m
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For those thinking of a Tassie trip, I was reminded that the maximum
> > height they allow on the boat from Vic to Tas is 2.1m.
> >
> > Mine used to get under this but now (after the pop-top installation) I
>
> > look for 2.3m clearance.
> >
> > Those with roof racks laden with equipment and fuel tanks may also
> > have a problem.
> >
> > Worth getting the measuring tape out!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Skot
> >
> >
> >
My Trakka Syncro stands 2020mm tall. Allowing minimum of 2.1m or safer 2.2m is essential. NB: that is without roof racks, etc.
Good Luck Dave

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, greg esposito <gregespo73@...> wrote:
>
> I just did a sample booking for a van over 2.1m. It was still $90. There is a mezzanine on hydraulics that will squash a car taller than 2.1.
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Theo Weiss <teows@...>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, 12 June 2012 10:14 PM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Tassie Trip People - Boat Height Clearance 2.1m
>
>
> Â
>
> Hi Skot,
> I think the 2.1m is just a price barrier. On the ferry itself, we
> were all mixed together with small & larger vehicles.
> Cheers,
> Theo
>
Hi potential temporary Taswegians,
As this trip is currently under my wing I am grateful for people flagging  items that have to be taken into account.We don't want Hart turning up with a giraffe standing in the back of his Doka and getting barred from the boat. My Syncro goes just over 2.1 m and I have been to Tassie a number of times in it without problem or additional cost. As suggested  by Theo it is more a question of the operators of the "Spirit " seeking to  get   a preview of their bookings for a particular sailing in order to optimise the loading of a vessel that has more space for under 2.1m vehicles than over. (They also ask if you have a bull bar or a bike rack but again it doesn't actually change the price if you tick both these boxes) 
Apart from many any other reason I would not recomend anyone taking a non-camper or boat trailer as these do not attract the large commonwealth freight subsidy that we will enjoy for our Vehicles. (Interestingly if you come in a Caravelle/Transporter you get a $194 subsidy  whereas if your vehicle has a camper conversion its $$386 but the freight charge to us is the same). Also checked there are still plenty of bookings still  available for March 2012. 
Am off to get a cataract removed today(no not the syncro mote removed from my eye) so once I get over that I will get back to firming up the trip proposal to take into account the feedback received at the Nationals.
Keep the suggestions coming.
Cheers
Roger
--- On Wed, 13/6/12, davidleibmann <davidleibmann@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Tassie Trip People - Boat Height Clearance 2.1m
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Wednesday, 13 June, 2012, 8:00 AM

My Trakka Syncro stands 2020mm tall. Allowing minimum of 2.1m or safer 2.2m is essential. NB: that is without roof racks, etc.
Good Luck Dave

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, greg esposito <gregespo73@...> wrote:
>
> I just did a sample booking for a van over 2.1m. It was still $90. There is a mezzanine on hydraulics that will squash a car taller than 2.1.
>
>
>
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Tassie Trip People - Boat Height Clearance 2.1m
>
>
>  
>
> Hi Skot,
> Cheers,
> Theo
>

Thanks Roger, will leave the Giraffe at home . Wish you courage when in the horizontal for the cataract op I had 2 and if I can do it, so can you. Hartmut

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Bell
Sent: Thursday, 14 June 2012 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Tassie Trip People - Boat Height Clearance 2.1m

Hi potential temporary Taswegians,

As this trip is currently under my wing I am grateful for people flagging  items that have to be taken into account.We don't want Hart turning up with a giraffe standing in the back of his Doka and getting barred from the boat. My Syncro goes just over 2.1 m and I have been to Tassie a number of times in it without problem or additional cost. As suggested  by Theo it is more a question of the operators of the "Spirit " seeking to  get   a preview of their bookings for a particular sailing in order to optimise the loading of a vessel that has more space for under 2.1m vehicles than over. (They also ask if you have a bull bar or a bike rack but again it doesn't actually change the price if you tick both these boxes) 
Apart from many any other reason I would not recomend anyone taking a non-camper or boat trailer as these do not attract the large commonwealth freight subsidy that we will enjoy for our Vehicles. (Interestingly if you come in a Caravelle/Transporter you get a $194 subsidy  whereas if your vehicle has a camper conversion its $$386 but the freight charge to us is the same). Also checked there are still plenty of bookings still  available for March 2012. 

Am off to get a cataract removed today(no not the syncro mote removed from my eye) so once I get over that I will get back to firming up the trip proposal to take into account the feedback received at the Nationals.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Cheers

Roger

--- On Wed, 13/6/12, davidleibmann <davidleibmann@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Tassie Trip People - Boat Height Clearance 2.1m
Received: Wednesday, 13 June, 2012, 8:00 AM

Good Luck Dave

>
>
>
>
>
>
>  
>
> Hi Skot,
> Cheers,
> Theo
>