Oil Pressure Gauge

Has anyone installed an oil pressure gauge to their 2.1 WBX engine? I have seen a clip on YouTube but am wondering if any of our members have done something like this? Just Kampers sell VDO kits but I would need to check that they are OK for a WBX. 

Peter from Port

Hi Peter
Bought a kit from Van Cafe
Comes with fitting instructions and very easy to do
Relieves the stress levels when oil buzzer triggers
Philippe
Perth

On Sunday, 20 September 2015, peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Has anyone installed an oil pressure gauge to their 2.1 WBX engine? I have seen a clip on YouTube but am wondering if any of our members have done something like this? Just Kampers sell VDO kits but I would need to check that they are OK for a WBX.

Peter from Port

--
Regards

Philippe Tyack

Hygizone Australia
Mobile:+61450059162

Hi Peter,
This could be it ...
Goto: http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van_1223689737929/page_362_263/oil-pressure-gauge-kit.html

Also consider next item, also for Hartmut, now available in silicone ...
Goto: http://www.van-cafe.com/home/van_1223689737929/page_1479_1324/syncro-intake-coupler-boot.html
Cheers.
Ken

-------- Original message --------
From: "Philippe Tyack philtyack@gmail.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Date: 20/09/2015 11:50 AM (GMT+10:00)
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Oil Pressure Gauge

Hi Peter

Bought a kit from Van Cafe
Comes with fitting instructions and very easy to do
Relieves the stress levels when oil buzzer triggers
Philippe
Perth

On Sunday, 20 September 2015, peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Peter from Port

--
Regards

Philippe Tyack

Hygizone Australia

Pete' problems with downloading , doesn't work, server stops responding...also m out and about , lots to attend to ha

Sent from my WalkingStick!

On 20/09/2015, at 11:40, "peter@coeconsult.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Peter from Port

I put mine together using locally sourced parts but realised later it would have been quicker and cheaper to just buy a kit. The van cafe one looks pretty good, but I bought a kit from Chris Corkins (Vanistan) for a 2wd I once owned. If you are looking at his website think about an oil cooler too. Bit exxy but well worth it in the long run. Eddie

Thanks Eddie. The oil pressure gauge is not on his website but I like the cooler. Hmmmmm. Food for thought.

And thanks Ken, I had checked out the Van-Cafe kit after getting the reply from Philippe. It looks good to me.

Regards, Peter

Check this article from van cafe

Many more on van cafe web site under Resources

Cheers
Philippe

Peter from Port

--
Regards

Philippe Tyack

Hygizone Australia

I made my own kit for my T2, thankfully it never served any purpose other than something interesting to watch on long trips (I had a whole array of gauges)

For the Syncro, I was thinking a nice simple way to plug a gauge in if there is an issue like the tapping point for the EFI. Have not looked, but can't be hard to get something.

A vacuum gauge is a good tool to carry also!

Richard