Hi All
Seen this on a FB forum and bought a set today
Sounds to good to be true
ARB selling T3 Old Man Emu Shocks front and back $97.02
Have to quote the part no as not listed online
3-4 Weeks delivered to Darwin all inclusive
Thats a great price for front and rear shocks.
Might get a set for the rear only on my 2wd rally bus but I assume they are a totally different fitment for a 2wd T3 compared to a syncro…
From a post back in Nov 2022
There a deal ,a steal, sale of the F#%*ing century
from ARB the N37 are $380.10/pair, and the N38S $558.60/pair. Total for OME is $938.70
from JustKampers.au the Sachs (Bilstein) fronts are $500/pair, and the rear are $254/pair. Total for Sachs is $754
That is great value.
I have a set of T3 technique adjustable syncro specific shocks coming soon when the new stock arrives and they get sent out…
Just ordered yesterday…a full set for $90.
I ordered a set of rear shocks today.
Hope they come through.
Nice - that was quick!
Anyone running these and have feedback? I remember someone having issues with them and corrugations (probably tough on all shocks).
Still waiting for mine which will be fitted to my 2wd rally van.
I checked and the lengths are identical according to punters on the Samba and A.I so for the lovely Queensland outback roads, these should be great!
Are they still available at these prices? I never looked into it last year, but if still available might get a set.
Sure are…for a while, anyrate.
Give ARB Brisbane a call.
I installed the new OME rear shocks on the rally bus after removing the very old Koni shocks and the van handles much better and even sits better on the road.
A lot less rear suspension sag on acceleration from a standing start - especially up hill.
Very happy so far for $36 for the pair!
Thanks again for this, I have ordered a set. For the $$ even if they don’t fit, not much lost!
I just need some front springs, mine have sagged a lot (and packed up with spacers a few years ago), so they are past their prime.
Not sure if local spring shops can still re-set spring, otherwise will be buying a set.
I had mine fitted a couple of years ago - pretty happy so far. Wish I’d paid that price though, they were on special but not that cheap!
Good to know they fit and work! My set just arrived. However the invoice included a $60 environmental fee!!
Might be worth ordering an extra set!
I’ve no looked if they fit well yet, but compared these with the Bilstiens I bought some time ago (on special)
Bilstein Shock Absorber - Syncro Rear | Van Cafe
The Old man Emu look much better built, much heavier and dampen a lot more.
They both have (almost) the same compressed and extended length, so am guessing they fit.
The original Boge’s on mine are still working well for now ![]()
Nice. Is the swing arm down far enough for the spring to no longer contact th top plate in the second photo? The shock sets the max travel (extend), which would put a big angle on the CV’s for a 2WD as the gear box sits a lot higher.
Yes, the swing is fine.
Driven it over my kerb and a few mild off road adventures and it doesnt bottom out.
Trying to out do the Syncro!



