"O" ring for water pump

Hello, just wondering if there is a trick to keeping the new O ring for the water pump in place while you do up the bolts. It wants to shrink and doesnt seat where it should; Regards Greg
Greg,

See the correct oil cooler seal attached. This style attaches to the cooler housing face and makes for simple and reliable assembly.

Ken

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 23:26:46 +0000
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] "O" ring for water pump

Hello, just wondering if there is a trick to keeping the new O ring for the water pump in place while you do up the bolts. It wants to shrink and doesnt seat where it should; Regards Greg

I figured he was talking about the big pipe that attaches to the w. pump with two allen screws.

since I like to use a high quality black silicone sealant ( Toyota brand highly recommended ) there..
that helps keep the  o-ring in place..
or ...you might have a poorly made o-ring that doesn't want to stay in place.

scott
turbovans
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2011 5:47 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] "O" ring for water pump

Greg,

See the correct oil cooler seal attached. This style attaches to the cooler housing face and makes for simple and reliable assembly.

Ken

yeah ... senior moment there ... think water pump!

so I'm not sure what exactly Greg's talking about.

Ken 

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:57:37 -0800
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] "O" ring for water pump

I figured he was talking about the big pipe that attaches to the w. pump with two allen screws.

since I like to use a high quality black silicone sealant ( Toyota brand highly recommended ) there..
that helps keep the  o-ring in place..
or ...you might have a poorly made o-ring that doesn't want to stay in place.

scott
turbovans
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2011 5:47 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] "O" ring for water pump

Greg,

Ken

Thanks Scott and Ken

That is the O ring I am on about Scott. I have some permatex, Ultra grey rigid high torque rtv silicone gasket maker on the shelf, will that do the same job as the toyota one? It states not suitable for head gaskets or contact with gasoline. greg

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <ScottDaniel@...> wrote:
>
> I figured he was talking about the big pipe that attaches to the w. pump with two allen screws.
>
> since I like to use a high quality black silicone sealant ( Toyota brand highly recommended ) there..
> that helps keep the o-ring in place..
> or ...you might have a poorly made o-ring that doesn't want to stay in place.
>
> scott
> turbovans
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Ken Garratt
> To: _T3_Australia forum Syncro
> Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2011 5:47 PM
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] "O" ring for water pump
>
>
>
>
> Greg,
>
>
> See the correct oil cooler seal attached. This style attaches to the cooler housing face and makes for simple and reliable assembly.
>
>
> Ken
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> From: greg_navarro95@...
> Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 23:26:46 +0000
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] "O" ring for water pump
>
>
>
> Hello, just wondering if there is a trick to keeping the new O ring for the water pump in place while you do up the bolts. It wants to shrink and doesnt seat where it should; Regards Greg
>