Recommendations for NSW Vehicle Safety Check in Albury / NSW border

Hi All,

We are currently located in Melbourne on a short term work assignment and have a NSW registered Syncro. The rego renewal is coming up and I need to get a safety check done in NSW. Rather than driving to Sydney (where we are based up there) I was thinking of heading to the border for a day to get the check done.

Can anyone recommend VW/Syncro aware garages up that way? I will have the car checked over in Melbourne before I leave but if anything needs doing at the time of check, it would obviously make sense to have this done by the garage doing the inspection.

Cheers.

Jon.
Jon, The closest boarder town to get to is Echuca/Moama. My understanding of the NSW check is that it is pretty simple. If you have good tyres, screen and everything safety related works you should not have to much trouble. A local garage in Moama shouldn't give you too much grief. You could even have a ride on a paddle steamer whilst you wait. Greg

To: "Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 28 May 2013 10:31 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Recommendations for NSW Vehicle Safety Check in Albury / NSW border

Hi All,

We are currently located in Melbourne on a short term work assignment and have a NSW registered Syncro. The rego renewal is coming up and I need to get a safety check done in NSW. Rather than driving to Sydney (where we are based up there) I was thinking of heading to the border for a day to get the check done.

Can anyone recommend VW/Syncro aware garages up that way? I will have the car checked over in Melbourne before I leave but if anything needs doing at the time of check, it would obviously make sense to have this done by the garage doing the inspection.

Cheers.

Jon.

Hi, I'm form the Echuca area and my father trainned just about every mechanic up that way. No one has Syncro experience as Dad dose just about all the VW work in the area. We always use Echuca Service Centre for roadworthy inspections. There in VIC but from memory they do the stuff for NSW as well. Worth a call if your thinking of heading up that way 03 5480 8150
Cheers,
Michael R

Sent from Yahoo!7 Mail on Android

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Recommendations for NSW Vehicle Safety Check in Albury / NSW border
Sent: Tue, May 28, 2013 12:31:49 PM

Hi All,

Cheers.

Jon.

Thanks Michael. I will give them a call to book in.

Cheers.

Jon.

On 29/05/2013, at 12:02 PM, Michael Roberts <type500@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi, I'm form the Echuca area and my father trainned just about every mechanic up that way. No one has Syncro experience as Dad dose just about all the VW work in the area. We always use Echuca Service Centre for roadworthy inspections. There in VIC but from memory they do the stuff for NSW as well. Worth a call if your thinking of heading up that way 03 5480 8150
Cheers,
Michael R

Sent from Yahoo!7 Mail on Android

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>;
Sent: Tue, May 28, 2013 12:31:49 PM

Hi All,

Cheers.

Jon.