Syncro For Sale. Melbourne

Hi Guys,
One of my customers is putting her '91 Syncro up for sale. It’s a deluxe window transporter with a Sunliner conversion. What is really fantastic about this van is it has all original paint. As far as I can tell it hasn’t had a single panel painted. Also zero rust. The screen and window surrounds are perfect. The seam at the top of the front crash support is as it left the factory. It does have a few dings that could be improved by a paintless dent remval expert. Also the seams at the left rear are starting to discolour due to being parked on the street in recent years.
Engine bay is super original. Even still has the cap on the diagnosis port! Never seen that before. Gearbox was rebuilt and a decoupler fitted (by Volkwerke) at 130k. I have just completed a bit of a rehab as it has sat for two years.Brakes have been done inc new front discs. Gkn front outer boots (the good hard ones). Various bushes. Gear gators and bush.New Ernst muffler (I removed the original VW one!) Full set of Old Man Emus. It has 15" mefros that are doing the usual paint peeling thing. Needs tyres. We have left these items as the new owner will no doubt have a personal preference. It goes without saying that a decent set of tyres and rims will greatly improve the aesthetics of this rig.
The Sunliner fit out includes solar, three way fridge, gas hob, grill and seperate oven. As the photos suggest it is a full length pop top with a functional bed (slats).
The asking price is $37,500.
I am happy to chat to genuine buyers and facilitate a viewing.
Greg 0409 420 164

Looks good how many km’s? Diffs?

170ish kms
rear diff lock and decoupler

Car is sold.
4 hours. That must be some kind of record!
Greg

2 Likes

What!!! Not to be, for the asking price?

Andy,
On a positive note, you’ve seen another van configuration, add that to your memory bank for future consideration/comparison.
You’ve also avoided an interstate purchase and all that comes with possible re-registration issues.

As I suggested to you previously:
“If you are serious, expect to spend a year searching and waiting. You might get lucky earlier, maybe not.”

At present, you are only two months in ok. :crazy_face:

Totally agree Ken, I’m being patient, although there have been good examples available none have really jumped out at me yet I’ll know it when I see it. I really am open to any formats not just campers.

Andy, for what it’s worth, there were a number of things about it that troubled me too.
Begs the question … what chance finding the perfect van for you and how fast must you jump to beat your opponents?

Here’s a real life example I know did happen:
I recall one case where one party close by, told the seller over the phone he would immediately travel to inspect the van before deciding.
Unbeknown to that party at the time, whilst travelling there, another party completed a bank transfer, so securing the sale, sight unseen. The first party shortly after arrived to inspect, learnt the van was already sold.

You feeling lucky? :smirk:

Well I know it when I see it, looks like I’ll need to be quick.

Quick helps, that’s how I found mine long ago on the forum, can’t believe its been 9 years.