Syncro_T3_Australia] Sweeeet Caravelle for sale

Hi Peter,
I see that Mark has replied confirming it was his ex vehicle. I was coming to the same conclusion from the attached photos I took of Mark's vehicle when he had it at the May 2012 VW Nationals in Sydney. The one of the side of a grey one with Hart in the background I'm couldn't guarantee is Mark's one. The first picture I took of my frosted windscreen on the way home after sleeping in a wayside stop on the Hume . Brrrr. The Caravan  conversion was in fact a "Gypsy" I think Dutch Factory conversion of a T3. I overtook it chugging up a long hill with its 1600 non turbo diesel motor offering plucky but hardly spirited performance. My T3 felt like I had already progressed to the twin turbo motor that I have in my T5.

Other commitments and a worry about standard T5 ground clearance stops me fulfilling my original hope to join the Blue Mountain participants this weekend but Gerald and Robyn's invitation to Davan's Flat in the Howqua Valley  should prove a worthy substitute closer to home. If you don't believe me google U Tube (an early Rob Stich and Tom Gleason's episode of fly fishing on the Howqua River.

Keep enjoying those Syncros (and 4 motions)

Cheers

Roger Bell
Melbourne
PS We have just bought a new Subaru Forester with some amazing autonomous emergency braking and adaptive cruise control technology so if it doesn't work may have a very low mileage 2.5 suby engine for sale cheaply!

On Sunday, 10 May 2015, 21:20, Roger Bell <ausheritage@gmail.com> wrote:

You have been sent 14 pictures.

IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG

These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.
Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

Thanks Roger,
I'd be surprised if it is not the same Syncro.
The colour and the tinted windows are a good fit.

Nigel made some improvements on what she was like in your pics.
1. Nerf bar to protect the front bumper.
2. Odds'n'ends tray on top of the dash.
3. Carat wheels.
4. Fog lamps with correct housings.
5. Sound proofing.
6. Upgraded the A/C refrigerant and bracketing.

Since I drove her home, I'm even more impressed with her.
Doors shut with a high class thunk, almost limousine quiet, A/c is almost instantaneous.

A couple of small servicable problems which I'll get corrected when convenient.

Thanks for your pics.

Peter

--Original Message Text---
From: Roger Bell bellrmit@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 11:59:33 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Peter,
I see that Mark has replied confirming it was his ex vehicle. I was coming to the same conclusion from the attached photos I took of Mark's vehicle when he had it at the May 2012 VW Nationals in Sydney. The one of the side of a grey one with Hart in the background I'm couldn't guarantee is Mark's one. The first picture I took of my frosted windscreen on the way home after sleeping in a wayside stop on the Hume . Brrrr. The Caravan conversion was in fact a "Gypsy" I think Dutch Factory conversion of a T3. I overtook it chugging up a long hill with its 1600 non turbo diesel motor offering plucky but hardly spirited performance. My T3 felt like I had already progressed to the twin turbo motor that I have in my T5.

Other commitments and a worry about standard T5 ground clearance stops me fulfilling my original hope to join the Blue Mountain participants this weekend but Gerald and Robyn's invitation to Davan's Flat in the Howqua Valley should prove a worthy substitute closer to home. If you don't believe me google U Tube (an early Rob Stich and Tom Gleason's episode of fly fishing on the Howqua River.

Cheers

Roger Bell
Melbourne
PS We have just bought a new Subaru Forester with some amazing autonomous emergency braking and adaptive cruise control technology so if it doesn't work may have a very low mileage 2.5 suby engine for sale cheaply!

IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG

Its great that its found such a worthy home - did  you ask Nigel if he was open to a "free to a good home" concept? Can't help thinking there must be a market for all encompassing "car bras" to slip on to protect the bodywork of concourse syncros like yours, Scotts , Greg's, Hart's and others to allow them to be  enjoyed to their full capacity.

You will enjoy your time with Mark and Debbie - generous hosts - get Mark to show you his T3 brochure collection plus his knowledge could only have been enhanced by his recent time in Germany.

Cheers

Roger

On Sunday, 10 May 2015, 23:00, "'Peter Schweinsberg' peter@peterandval.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks Roger,

3. Carat wheels.
5. Sound proofing.

Doors shut with a high class thunk, almost limousine quiet, A/c is almost instantaneous.

Thanks for your pics.

Peter

Hi Peter,
I see that Mark has replied confirming it was his ex vehicle. I was coming to the same conclusion from the attached photos I took of Mark's vehicle when he had it at the May 2012 VW Nationals in Sydney. The one of the side of a grey one with Hart in the background I'm couldn't guarantee is Mark's one. The first picture I took of my frosted windscreen on the way home after sleeping in a wayside stop on the Hume . Brrrr. The Caravan conversion was in fact a "Gypsy" I think Dutch Factory conversion of a T3. I overtook it chugging up a long hill with its 1600 non turbo diesel motor offering plucky but hardly spirited performance. My T3 felt like I had already progressed to the twin turbo motor that I have in my T5.

Other commitments and a worry about standard T5 ground clearance stops me fulfilling my original hope to join the Blue Mountain participants this weekend but Gerald and Robyn's invitation to Davan's Flat in the Howqua Valley should prove a worthy substitute closer to home. If you don't believe me google U Tube (an early Rob Stich and Tom Gleason's episode of fly fishing on the Howqua River.

Cheers

Roger Bell
Melbourne

IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG

All encompassing car bra mmmm vinyl wrap might be worth a look ?
Pete

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Roger Bell bellrmit@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Its great that its found such a worthy home - did you ask Nigel if he was open to a "free to a good home" concept? Can't help thinking there must be a market for all encompassing "car bras" to slip on to protect the bodywork of concourse syncros like yours, Scotts , Greg's, Hart's and others to allow them to be enjoyed to their full capacity.

You will enjoy your time with Mark and Debbie - generous hosts - get Mark to show you his T3 brochure collection plus his knowledge could only have been enhanced by his recent time in Germany.

Cheers

Roger

On Sunday, 10 May 2015, 23:00, "'Peter Schweinsberg' peter@peterandval.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks Roger,

3. Carat wheels.
5. Sound proofing.

Thanks for your pics.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Cheers

Roger Bell
Melbourne

IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG

If I were to drive her on the open road, like I do with the Bergmeister, then this would be essential, but it's not likely.
Bringing her home was probably the last time she'll touch 110.

Last time to Adelaide and back the Bergmeister took out two pink and grey Galahs in one strike, plus countless stones and sand blast.
These elements leave their mark.

From: Peter Wilson peterw1000@gmail.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 21:33:10 +1000

All encompassing car bra    mmmm vinyl wrap might be worth a look ?
Pete

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Roger Bell bellrmit@yahoo.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Â

Its great that its found such a worthy home - did you ask Nigel if he was open to a "free to a good home" concept? Can't help thinking there must be a market for all encompassing "car bras" to slip on to protect the bodywork of concourse syncros like yours, Scotts , Greg's, Hart's and others to allow them to be  enjoyed to their full capacity.

Cheers

Roger

Thanks Roger,

3. Carat wheels.
5. Sound proofing.

Thanks for your pics.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Cheers

Roger Bell
Melbourne

IMG_1369.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1358.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1356.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1343.JPG
IMG_1342.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG