Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

Gents,
Please note that I would love to take the credit BUT it was NOT me who did the cape trip, the trip was performed by my wild nephew James. He purchased his Syncro from Peter K after I put them in touch with each other a couple of years ago.
I can't wait to see all James's photos and videos.
Cheers
Rick

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@...> wrote:
>
> Rick,
>
> When I tell people that a Syncro without diff-locks will go just about
> anywhere and frequently make "real" four wheel drives look silly, very few
> believe me.
>
> In future, your report and pics will become adequate substantiation.
>
> Les
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of j_toutounji
> Sent: 26 July 2012 19:02
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"
>
>
>
>
>
> Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro driving the old
> telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the only thing not factory are
> the all terrain tires I will try and put up some photos and vidios of me
> going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek crossings and 4wding.
> From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and OUTPERFORM
> Nissan patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.
>
Hey guys I am finding it hard to put pictures on without my computer but check out the Movie of a few of the 4wd'ing the old girl has been doing The link to YouTube is below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6SF9ti6W-E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "j_toutounji" <j_toutounji@...> wrote:
>
> Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro driving the old telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the only thing not factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some photos and vidios of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek crossings and 4wding. From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and OUTPERFORM Nissan patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.
>
Wow,

Amazing footage - you're nuts!

Love it.

Show us some more.

Cheers,

Skot

On 30/07/2012 5:13 PM, j_toutounji wrote:

Hey guys I am finding it hard to put pictures on without my computer but check out the Movie of a few of the 4wd'ing the old girl has been doing The link to YouTube is below

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "j_toutounji" <j_toutounji@...> wrote:
>
> Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro driving the old telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the only thing not factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some photos and vidios of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek crossings and 4wding. From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and OUTPERFORM Nissan patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.
>

This shows why its better to tackle "Gunshot" in a Syncro rather than a Landcruiser.(OK it might also be something to do with the competence of the driver.)Your video was unbelievable Nick . I'm in admiration but must be getting old as we took the non-bungey jumping route when we went. It appearss that every vehicle that gets through scrapes a bit more off the face of the track as the front levels up and the back digs in until you end up with almost a 90degree drop.
However I get the impression that if your gearbox had needed taking apart you would have  reassembled it standing up in a canoe whilst crossing the Jardine River - just for the challenge! Thanks for the video I clicked on one by it and there is a Landcruiser facing the drop with  a woman's voice saying very severely "We are NOT going down that way!"- sounded like Basil Fawty's wife.
Roger
Melbourne

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 30 July 2012 5:13 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

>