Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro driving the old telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the only thing not factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some photos and vidios of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek crossings and 4wding. From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and OUTPERFORM Nissan patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.

Rick,

When I tell people that a Syncro without diff-locks will go just about anywhere and frequently make “real” four wheel drives look silly, very few believe me.

In future, your report and pics will become adequate substantiation.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of j_toutounji
Sent: 26 July 2012 19:02
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro driving the old telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the only thing not factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some photos and vidios of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek crossings and 4wding. From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and OUTPERFORM Nissan patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.

Nothing better than embarrassing Hilux!
BenC

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "j_toutounji" <j_toutounji@...> wrote:
>
> Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro driving the old telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the only thing not factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some photos and vidios of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek crossings and 4wding. From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and OUTPERFORM Nissan patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.
>
Les,
So on the occasion when a wheel on each axle is spinning ... trust me, this does happen ... what's a stock standard syncro to do then?

I just love my rear difflock.

Ken

Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:10:29 +1000
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

Rick,

When I tell people that a Syncro without diff-locks will go just about anywhere and frequently make “real” four wheel drives look silly, very few believe me.

In future, your report and pics will become adequate substantiation.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of j_toutounji
Sent: 26 July 2012 19:02
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

Ken,

Of course it would stop!  It is possible to bring a Pinzgauer to a stop.   It is possible to bring a Boeing 747 to a stop – anything and everything to a stop. 

Getting back to the reality of a competent and sensible driver, it is possible to take a non-locked Syncro through some seriously difficult places, which was the point of Rick’s post.

L

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ken Garratt
Sent: 26 July 2012 20:24
To: _T3_Australia forum Syncro
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

Les,

So on the occasion when a wheel on each axle is spinning ... trust me, this does happen ... what's a stock standard syncro to do then?

I just love my rear difflock.

Ken

Sensational effort.

Post some links to U-tube vids or similar and maybe a photobucket site or put photos in the photos section on here.

Cheers,

Skot

On 26/07/2012 7:01 PM, j_toutounji wrote:

This sounds like a can of worms being opened! I'll stir things up with my 2c worth! A competent driver can make the difference in most situations, but all things being equal in that department, in my opinion, a Syncro without lockers is less capable over certain types of terrain than some other 4WD's without lockers. The reason is that the Syncro has very little suspension articulation compared to most other purpose built 4wd's and relies heavily on it's lockers over uneven terrain. Having the engine in the rear does help, but it's not enough to offset the suspension disadvantage. Obviously I'm talking extreme terrain here, not just a few bumps. In fact in some instances, a Syncro running in 2WD, but with the rear diff lock engaged, can outperform a Syncro in 4WD without lockers. We've proved numerous times though, that a Syncro with difflocks will handle anything a Patrol or Landcruizer can. No question about that. But if you all disengage your diff locks it will be a different story.

Fire away!

Ian

I get sick to death of saying this but I have to say this every year every year every year.

Every vehicle – EVERY VEHICLE – is designed against a set of design parameters.  These start form the intended purpose of the vehicle and thus its market slot.

Anyone who looks at the marketing brochures and the VAG marketing of the T3 Syncro will see that it was designed as a large interior volume multipurpose vehicle that could, according to its configuration, carry eight passengers in much comfort and considerable safety over a very wide variety of terrain conditions, or, according to configuration, it would perform in safety and comfort as an ambulance, a fire tender, a forest workers vehicle, and a host of other commercial applications.

It was not designed to rush up moraines at a hundred kilometres an hour, it was not designed to be ski jumped; similarly, it was not designed to achieve 2G in corners, it was not designed to outperform a Ferrari, seat fifty people, etc, etc, etc.

Within its design intention, it performs exceptionally well, which is the principal reason why they are still so treasured more than twenty years after production ceased.

Of course, it would have more adverse terrain ability with tractor wheels and two feet of suspension travel at each corner but this is not what it was designed for.  The Syncro does what it was designed to do and simply does it far better than any comparable vehicle.  Please let us compare like with like.

If this is truly not enough for anyone, then they should just quietly go and buy a NATO spec Pinzgauer.

L

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ian Fairley
Sent: 26 July 2012 22:20
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

This sounds like a can of worms being opened! I'll stir things up with my 2c worth! A competent driver can make the difference in most situations, but all things being equal in that department, in my opinion, a Syncro without lockers is less capable over certain types of terrain than some other 4WD's without lockers. The reason is that the Syncro has very little suspension articulation compared to most other purpose built 4wd's and relies heavily on it's lockers over uneven terrain. Having the engine in the rear does help, but it's not enough to offset the suspension disadvantage. Obviously I'm talking extreme terrain here, not just a few bumps. In fact in some instances, a Syncro running in 2WD, but with the rear diff lock engaged, can outperform a Syncro in 4WD without lockers. We've proved numerous times though, that a Syncro with difflocks will handle anything a Patrol or Landcruizer can. No question about that. But if you all disengage your diff locks it will be a different story.

Fire away!

Ian

> If this is truly not enough for anyone, then they should just quietly go and buy a NATO spec Pinzgauer.

Hmm...."quietly"....won't help.

There are NO, TD/Nato spec, Pinzgauers in Australia (apart from the one I'm restoring   8-))))))..... You'II have to settle for an earlier air-cooled unit.

Peter.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: Thursday, 26 July 2012 10:51 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

I get sick to death of saying this but I have to say this every year every year every year.

Every vehicle – EVERY VEHICLE – is designed against a set of design parameters.  These start form the intended purpose of the vehicle and thus its market slot.

Anyone who looks at the marketing brochures and the VAG marketing of the T3 Syncro will see that it was designed as a large interior volume multipurpose vehicle that could, according to its configuration, carry eight passengers in much comfort and considerable safety over a very wide variety of terrain conditions, or, according to configuration, it would perform in safety and comfort as an ambulance, a fire tender, a forest workers vehicle, and a host of other commercial applications.

It was not designed to rush up moraines at a hundred kilometres an hour, it was not designed to be ski jumped; similarly, it was not designed to achieve 2G in corners, it was not designed to outperform a Ferrari, seat fifty people, etc, etc, etc.

Within its design intention, it performs exceptionally well, which is the principal reason why they are still so treasured more than twenty years after production ceased.

Of course, it would have more adverse terrain ability with tractor wheels and two feet of suspension travel at each corner but this is not what it was designed for.  The Syncro does what it was designed to do and simply does it far better than any comparable vehicle.  Please let us compare like with like.

If this is truly not enough for anyone, then they should just quietly go and buy a NATO spec Pinzgauer.

L

If this is truly not enough for anyone, then they should just quietly go
and buy a NATO spec Pinzgauer.

What about a NATO spec syncro?
They already have diff locks.
I went down my regular track to the beach on the weekend. Halfway through went for the difflock
but not working ?! That meant I had to charge some deep ruts to get through. Just made it.
In fact if the track hadn't been graded since the last visit I doubt I would have made it.

Give me a difflock any day. Makes it a lot easier on the bus.

Mark

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Ken Garratt <unclekenz@...> wrote:
>
>
> Les,So on the occasion when a wheel on each axle is spinning ... trust me, this does happen ... what's a stock standard syncro to do then?
> I just love my rear difflock.
> Ken
>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> From: leslieharris@...
> Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:10:29 +1000
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Rick,
>
> When I tell people that
> a Syncro without diff-locks will go just about anywhere and frequently make "real"
> four wheel drives look silly, very few believe me.
>
> In future, your report
> and pics will become adequate substantiation.
>
> Les
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From:
> Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On
> Behalf Of j_toutounji
>
> Sent: 26 July 2012 19:02
>
>
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia]
> Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro
> driving the old telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the only thing not
> factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some photos and vidios
> of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek crossings and 4wding.
> From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and OUTPERFORM Nissan
> patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.
>
I tested my diff-lock at a mates place who has 2 acres near me and he had some dirt mounds in a paddock.

I tried the syncro without the locker to find lots of wheel spin and a need to do it at a much faster speed that I would like.

Then tried with the diff-lock activated and I could crawl over without any wheel spin.

As Mark said - you can take it much easier on the syncro with the diff-lock engaged.

I love mine.

Skot

On 27/07/2012 11:06 AM, mark wrote:

I went down my regular track to the beach on the weekend. Halfway through went for the difflock
but not working ?! That meant I had to charge some deep ruts to get through. Just made it.
In fact if the track hadn't been graded since the last visit I doubt I would have made it.

Mark

>
>
> Les,So on the occasion when a wheel on each axle is spinning ... trust me, this does happen ... what's a stock standard syncro to do then?
> Ken
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Rick,
>
> a Syncro without diff-locks will go just about anywhere and frequently make "real"
>
> In future, your report
>
> Les
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From:
> Behalf Of j_toutounji
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some photos and vidios
> of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek crossings and 4wding.
> From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and OUTPERFORM Nissan
>

Scott,
Forget about going bush to try the attributes of a difflock. Close to home in urban area on a minimal slope, I went to move with one side on bitumen, the other side on wet dirt/grass. Front and rear wheels spun on dirt side. I was going nowhere. Engaged the difflock, it took me forward and out, disengaged the difflock ... on my way. Who would want a syncro with no difflock?
Cheers.
Ken

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:15:47 +1000
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

I tested my diff-lock at a mates place who has 2 acres near me and he had some dirt mounds in a paddock.

I tried the syncro without the locker to find lots of wheel spin and a need to do it at a much faster speed that I would like.

Then tried with the diff-lock activated and I could crawl over without any wheel spin.

As Mark said - you can take it much easier on the syncro with the diff-lock engaged.

I love mine.

Skot

Mark

>
>
> Ken
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Rick,
>
>
> In future, your report
>
> Les
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From:
> Behalf Of j_toutounji
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Some of you may remember that I contacted a "dreadful disease" called "DIFFLOCK ENVY" at the first Batemans Bay/Shallow crossing event. Well I've still got it and it doesn't look it will ever be cured, unfortunately.

Bruce  CQ

On 27/07/2012, at 2:12 PM, Ken Garratt wrote:

Scott,
Forget about going bush to try the attributes of a difflock. Close to home in urban area on a minimal slope, I went to move with one side on bitumen, the other side on wet dirt/grass. Front and rear wheels spun on dirt side. I was going nowhere. Engaged the difflock, it took me forward and out, disengaged the difflock ... on my way. Who would want a syncro with no difflock?
Cheers.
Ken

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:15:47 +1000
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

I love mine.

Skot

Mark

>
>
> Ken
>
> Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:10:29 &# 43;1000
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Rick,
>
>
> In future, your report
>
> Les
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From:
> Behalf Of j_toutounji
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

But is a diff lock worth $7000?

> Alison & Bruce Black <royalb@aapt.net.au> wrote:
>
> Some of you may remember that I contacted a "dreadful disease" called
> "DIFFLOCK ENVY" at the first Batemans Bay/Shallow crossing event.
> Well I've still got it and it doesn't look it will ever be cured,
> unfortunately.
>
> Bruce CQ
>
>
>
> On 27/07/2012, at 2:12 PM, Ken Garratt wrote:
>
> >
> > Scott,
> > Forget about going bush to try the attributes of a difflock. Close
> > to home in urban area on a minimal slope, I went to move with one
> > side on bitumen, the other side on wet dirt/grass. Front and rear
> > wheels spun on dirt side. I was going nowhere. Engaged the
> > difflock, it took me forward and out, disengaged the difflock ...
> > on my way. Who would want a syncro with no difflock?
> > Cheers.
> > Ken
> >
> > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > From: spbconsulting@bigpond.com
> > Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:15:47 +1000
> > Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old
> > telegraph track"
> >
> >
> > I tested my diff-lock at a mates place who has 2 acres near me and
> > he had some dirt mounds in a paddock.
> >
> > I tried the syncro without the locker to find lots of wheel spin
> > and a need to do it at a much faster speed that I would like.
> >
> > Then tried with the diff-lock activated and I could crawl over
> > without any wheel spin.
> >
> > As Mark said - you can take it much easier on the syncro with the
> > diff-lock engaged.
> >
> > I love mine.
> >
> > Skot
> >
> > On 27/07/2012 11:06 AM, mark wrote:
> >
> > I went down my regular track to the beach on the weekend. Halfway
> > through went for the difflock
> > but not working ?! That meant I had to charge some deep ruts to get
> > through. Just made it.
> > In fact if the track hadn't been graded since the last visit I
> > doubt I would have made it.
> >
> > Give me a difflock any day. Makes it a lot easier on the bus.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Ken Garratt
> > <unclekenz@...> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > Les,So on the occasion when a wheel on each axle is spinning ...
> > trust me, this does happen ... what's a stock standard syncro to do
> > then?
> > > I just love my rear difflock.
> > > Ken
> > >
> > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > From: leslieharris@...
> > > Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:10:29 &# 43;1000
> > > Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro to the cape "old
> > telegraph track"
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Rick,
> > >
> > > When I tell people that
> > > a Syncro without diff-locks will go just about anywhere and
> > frequently make "real"
> > > four wheel drives look silly, very few believe me.
> > >
> > > In future, your report
> > > and pics will become adequate substantiation.
> > >
> > > Les
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > From:
> > > Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On
> > > Behalf Of j_toutounji
> > >
> > > Sent: 26 July 2012 19:02
> > >
> > >
> > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia]
> > > Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro
> > > driving the old telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the
> > only thing not
> > > factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some
> > photos and vidios
> > > of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek
> > crossings and 4wding.
> > > From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and
> > OUTPERFORM Nissan
> > > patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
Phill
       That is why I still have diff lock envy !!!!!!!!! Actually got it a long time ago, ever since I went on an Overlander Mag/Opposite Lock 4WDing and Training weekend away up Mackay way not long after I got the van. Watched those Land Rovers just walk over the gullies I got stuck on. I got a rated tow hook on the front and with that Ken can always give me a tow or snatch.

Bruce CQ

On 27/07/2012, at 5:07 PM, plander@optusnet.com.au wrote:

>
> unfortunately.
>
> Bruce CQ
>
>
>

> But is a diff lock worth $7000?

Every bit, if you're stuck in the bush somewhere without one.

Fortunately my vehicle came stock with three  8-))

Peter.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of plander@optusnet.com.au
Sent: Friday, 27 July 2012 5:07 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

>
> unfortunately.
>
> Bruce CQ
>
>
>
>
> >
> > Scott,
> > Cheers.
> > Ken
> >
> > telegraph track"
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > diff-lock engaged.
> >
> > I love mine.
> >
> > Skot
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > >
> > >
> > then?
> > > Ken
> > >
> > telegraph track"
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Rick,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Les
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > From:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > only thing not
> > photos and vidios
> > OUTPERFORM Nissan
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >

in the german ebay you can get a set of transmissions front and back locked for under 2000AUD.....

Jens

Am 27.07.2012 um 19:08 schrieb Peter Farrer:

Peter.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of plander@optusnet.com.au
Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

>
> unfortunately.
>
> Bruce CQ
>
>
>
>
> >
> > Scott,
> > Cheers.
> > Ken
> >
> > telegraph track"
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > diff-lock engaged.
> >
> > I love mine.
> >
> > Skot
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > >
> > >
> > then?
> > > Ken
> > >
> > telegraph track"
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Rick,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Les
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > From:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > only thing not
> > photos and vidios
> > OUTPERFORM Nissan
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >

$7000?
My locking diff as such cost me NO extra when I bought my Trakka syncro. Seems the previous owners/s never new of its presence/potential.
But I changed all that, after I found it was there.
Ken

Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 19:08:53 +1000
Subject: RE: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"

Peter.

>
> unfortunately.
>
> Bruce CQ
>
>
>
>
> >
> > Scott,
> > Cheers.
> > Ken
> >
> > telegraph track"
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > diff-lock engaged.
> >
> > I love mine.
> >
> > Skot
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > >
> > >
> > then?
> > > Ken
> > >
> > telegraph track"
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Rick,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Les
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > From:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > only thing not
> > photos and vidios
> > OUTPERFORM Nissan
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >

I was willing to pay $4000 extra, but when the price went to $7000, I bought a winch and off road tyres.

> Ken Garratt <unclekenz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> $7000?My locking diff as such cost me NO extra when I bought my Trakka
> syncro. Seems the previous owners/s never new of its
> presence/potential.But I changed all that, after I found it was
> there.Ken
>
> From: profpinz@westnet.com.au
> Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 19:08:53 +1000
> Subject: RE: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old
> telegraph track"
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > But is a diff lock worth $7000?
>
> Every bit, if you're stuck in the bush somewhere without one.
> Fortunately my vehicle came stock with three 8-)) Peter. From:
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> plander@optusnet.com.au
> Sent: Friday, 27 July 2012 5:07 PM
> Subject: Re: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old
> telegraph track" But is a diff lock worth $7000?
>
> > Alison & Bruce Black <royalb@aapt.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > Some of you may remember that I contacted a "dreadful disease" called
> > "DIFFLOCK ENVY" at the first Batemans Bay/Shallow crossing event.
> > Well I've still got it and it doesn't look it will ever be cured,
> > unfortunately.
> >
> > Bruce CQ
> >
> >
> >
> > On 27/07/2012, at 2:12 PM, Ken Garratt wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Scott,
> > > Forget about going bush to try the attributes of a difflock. Close
> > > to home in urban area on a minimal slope, I went to move with one
> > > side on bitumen, the other side on wet dirt/grass. Front and rear
> > > wheels spun on dirt side. I was going nowhere. Engaged the
> > > difflock, it took me forward and out, disengaged the difflock ...
> > > on my way. Who would want a syncro with no difflock?
> > > Cheers.
> > > Ken
> > >
> > > From: spbconsulting@bigpond.com
> > > Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 11:15:47 +1000
> > > Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Syncro to the cape "old
> > > telegraph track"
> > >
> > >
> > > I tested my diff-lock at a mates place who has 2 acres near me and
> > > he had some dirt mounds in a paddock.
> > >
> > > I tried the syncro without the locker to find lots of wheel spin
> > > and a need to do it at a much faster speed that I would like.
> > >
> > > Then tried with the diff-lock activated and I could crawl over
> > > without any wheel spin.
> > >
> > > As Mark said - you can take it much easier on the syncro with the
> > > diff-lock engaged.
> > >
> > > I love mine.
> > >
> > > Skot
> > >
> > > On 27/07/2012 11:06 AM, mark wrote:
> > >
> > > I went down my regular track to the beach on the weekend. Halfway
> > > through went for the difflock
> > > but not working ?! That meant I had to charge some deep ruts to get
> > > through. Just made it.
> > > In fact if the track hadn't been graded since the last visit I
> > > doubt I would have made it.
> > >
> > > Give me a difflock any day. Makes it a lot easier on the bus.
> > >
> > > Mark
> > >
> > > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Ken Garratt
> > > <unclekenz@...> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Les,So on the occasion when a wheel on each axle is spinning ...
> > > trust me, this does happen ... what's a stock standard syncro to do
> > > then?
> > > > I just love my rear difflock.
> > > > Ken
> > > >
> > > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > > From: leslieharris@...
> > > > Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:10:29 &# 43;1000
> > > > Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Syncro to the cape "old
> > > telegraph track"
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Rick,
> > > >
> > > > When I tell people that
> > > > a Syncro without diff-locks will go just about anywhere and
> > > frequently make "real"
> > > > four wheel drives look silly, very few believe me.
> > > >
> > > > In future, your report
> > > > and pics will become adequate substantiation.
> > > >
> > > > Les
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > From:
> > > > Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > > [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On
> > > > Behalf Of j_toutounji
> > > >
> > > > Sent: 26 July 2012 19:02
> > > >
> > > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > >
> > > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia]
> > > > Syncro to the cape "old telegraph track"
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Hey boys I just made it up to cape York in my Syncro
> > > > driving the old telegraph track. Stock standard no lockers the
> > > only thing not
> > > > factory are the all terrain tires I will try and put up some
> > > photos and vidios
> > > > of me going down gunshot creek vertical and all the creek
> > > crossings and 4wding.
> > > > From now on if anyone thinks a Syncro can't keep up with and
> > > OUTPERFORM Nissan
> > > > patrols and hiluxs show tham these photos and vids cheers.
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
>
>
>