Tacho: diesel to petrol

Hi guys.

I've sourced a cheap tacho from VW T3 diesel. Would it be possible to use it in my petrol syncro?

Thanks in advance

tach.JPG

I have an almost identical one on my petrol syncro except the ref line is at 5,200 rpm, not 4,800. Probably won't matter. I have 2 litre golf engine.

Regards
Doone

On 25 Nov 2016 1:40 pm, "beau.sagadin@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi guys.

I've sourced a cheap tacho from VW T3 diesel. Would it be possible to use it in my petrol syncro?

Thanks in advance

tach.JPG

Hi Beau,

Do you have a clock at the moment or no clock cluster?

Not sure if all have the correct harness for the tacho?

Cheers,

Skot

On 25/11/2016 2:40 PM, beau.sagadin@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Hi guys.

I've sourced a cheap tacho from VW T3 diesel. Would it be possible to use it in my petrol syncro?

Thanks in advance

tach.JPG

--
Best regards, Scott Pitcher SPB Consulting
Hi Skot.

I have clock at the moment. The connector behind the cluster has got the green wire (tacho signal) and I currently have an aftermarket external tacho, but I really want the original one. They are very hard to source.

I'm asking as I've found some topic on samba for the other way around (petrol tacho to diesel) and there is quite a bit of soldering and replacing electronic components involved, to modify the petrol tacho to work on diesel (diesels use W connector from alternator for signal).

Beau
Would be willing to swap for a petrol tacho if you want .Nick

From: "beau.sagadin@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, 25 November 2016, 14:40
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Tacho: diesel to petrol

Hi guys.

I've sourced a cheap tacho from VW T3 diesel. Would it be possible to use it in my petrol syncro?

Thanks in advance

Hey Nick.

That would be great? Where about's are you? What's the story behind your petrol tacho? It's complete, right (with both gauges for temp and fuel level)?

The picture, I posted above is the actual picture of the tacho, I can get from Europe.

Cheers