The Future of Syncro_T3_Australia

Syncro_T3_Australia was established in 2004 as means of ready communication through which Syncro owners in Australia and NZ could receive or offer technical advice and support.  Over these many years, it has functioned as intended.

The conduct of the members has been exemplary and only one member has ever been removed.  This particular person, a small time trader who maintained a high level of anonymity, used the group to advertise his overpriced wares to a captive market.  He eventually went too far and was removed.  It was this matter that brought about the membership renewal requirements and the abolition of anonymous members.

There have been a few instances of unpleasantness over the years but these have been resolved by a quiet warning, by direct email (not on the public forum), to the parties involved. 

Recently, a minor difference of opinion got out of hand and resulted in the loss of one of the original members of this group, a person who gave unstintingly of his time and effort to help all of our members.  On many occasions, this included locating and purchasing parts in the US and freighting them to Australia when someone needed something not available in locally.  His technical knowledge and experience was of a very high level and has been of incalculable value to our members over all the time that this group has been running.   He was the epitome of cheerful and unselfish helpfulness.

It is stupid all round when such a minor matter can have such a major cost. 

Wishing to contain the matter and prevent further equally unnecessary damage, I specifically asked that any further discussion of the matter be dropped.   This was ignored and a number of people just had to have another poke at it.  This was bad enough but the last straw came when one person, apparently regarding the damage and the loss to the group as completely trivial, dropped a smart arse crack.

Given that owning a Syncro can be frustrating and costly, a bit of humour can help counter the downsides but there is a clear distinction between humour and smart arse; it is unlikely that any member of this group does not know the difference!

Since deleting this group because of the actions of an unthinking few would penalize the great majority of responsible members, it will continue to run.   I simply ask members to consider what they are saying before hitting the send button.  I will continue to run the group at my own expense as I have done since 2004.

I have said in the past and now reiterate that if anyone feels that they have a personal grievance, it is to be put to me directly and I will deal with it as I have a number of times in the past.  Posting a grievance as a big spray to the whole group is not acceptable. 

Permanent ejection will be the penalty for anyone who henceforth threatens the viability, function and overall goodwill of the group.

Les Harris.

Dear Les and all,

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "syncroaustralia" <leslieharris@...> wrote:
>
>
> Syncro_T3_Australia was established in 2004 as means of ready
> communication through which Syncro owners in Australia and NZ could
> receive or offer technical advice and support. Over these many years,
> it has functioned as intended.

Thank you very much Les for all the time and work you have given for this group.

> Since deleting this group because of the actions of an unthinking few
> would penalize the great majority of responsible members, it will
> continue to run.

Thank you, please keep up the good work.

Phill, I promised to post pictures of my syncro restoration project last year and for those of you who would like to have a look, please follow this link http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=153934#153934

Sorry to say that this is, mainly, a German speaking group, but I have tried to make it easy for you by adding English explanations of my text in square brackets.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask either via the OZ syncro group here or on the site mentioned above.

Hope, all are well.

Cheers,

Joachim
now: Freiburg, South-West Germany
2004: Touring Australia in the syncro
Hi Joachim,

Now I have raised my carport at the side of the house to allow 16" syncro campers clearance but how will yours fit when you visit again?

Phill & Joanne.



> joachim_dietlicher <joachimdietlicher@email.de> wrote:

> Phill, I promised to post pictures of my syncro restoration project last
> year and for those of you who would like to have a look, please follow
> this link
> http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p
> =153934#153934
>

> Cheers,
>
> Joachim
> now: Freiburg, South-West Germany
> 2004: Touring Australia in the syncro
Phill and group,

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, plander@... wrote:
>
> Hi Joachim,
>
> Now I have raised my carport at the side of the house to allow 16" > syncro campers clearance

Well done!

> but how will yours fit when you visit again?

I know... sorry for that.

Here's some more fotos of the conversion, please click

http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=156696#156696

and

http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=156998#156998

Hope, all are well.

Joachim

Joachim,

One pic shows a huge hole in the floor.  What is it?

Les

 


From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of joachim_dietlicher
Sent: 05 April 2012 08:29
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: The Future of Syncro_T3_Australia


Phill and group,

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, plander@... wrote:

>
> Hi Joachim,
>
> Now I have raised my carport at the side of the house to allow 16" > syncro campers clearance

Well done!

> but how will yours fit when you visit again?

I know... sorry for that.

Here's some more fotos of the conversion, please click

http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=156696#156696

and

http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=156998#156998

Hope, all are well.

Joachim

Dear Les,

This was a vent hole. Over it was located the gas bottle which we used for the gas cooker. In the meantime, the hole has been closed.

Joachim


--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@...> wrote:
>
> Joachim,
>
> One pic shows a huge hole in the floor. What is it?
>
> Les
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of joachim_dietlicher
> Sent: 05 April 2012 08:29
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: The Future of Syncro_T3_Australia
>
> Phill and group,
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia%40yahoogroups.com> , plander@ wrote:
> >
> > Hi Joachim,
> >
> > Now I have raised my carport at the side of the house to allow 16" >
> syncro campers clearance
>
> Well done!
>
> > but how will yours fit when you visit again?
>
> I know... sorry for that.
>
> Here's some more fotos of the conversion, please click
>
> http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro
> <http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=1
> 56696#156696> &file=viewtopic&p=156696#156696
>
> and
>
> http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro
> <http://www.ig-syncro16.de/forum/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&p=1
> 56998#156998> &file=viewtopic&p=156998#156998
>
> Hope, all are well.
>
> Joachim
>