The Unicorn Has Landed!

Thanks to Everard Hoffman, we now have a copy of the original Trakka wiring diagram, which helpfully includes the optional solar panel.

Whilst the diagram is rather rough, wire sizes and colours are all there.  My 88 Trakka conversion bears only a loose resemblance to this diagram but this is probably what they finished up with (Everard's is a late 91 or early 92) as opposed to what they started out with - a bag of drunken snakes, all in the one colour wire.

I will redo it as a conventional diagram but it will NOT include one notation which, if taken at face value, could have an unwary amateur connecting 240V to the 12V system!! 

Les

Hi Les,

So will you put Everard’s original “rough” picture up there for us too?  I’d like to see it if possible – or if you can scan it and email it to me that would be great.

Out of interest, what colour was the interior laminate of Everard’s van – I wonder if the timber laminate was still the go in ’92? 

Cheers

Stuart

-----Original Message-----
From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: Tuesday, 25 November 2008 4:40 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] The Unicorn Has Landed!

Thanks to Everard Hoffman, we now have a copy of the original Trakka wiring diagram, which helpfully includes the optional solar panel.

Whilst the diagram is rather rough, wire sizes and colours are all there.  My 88 Trakka conversion bears only a loose resemblance to this diagram but this is probably what they finished up with (Everard's is a late 91 or early 92) as opposed to what they started out with - a bag of drunken snakes, all in the one colour wire.

I will redo it as a conventional diagram but it will NOT include one notation which, if taken at face value, could have an unwary amateur connecting 240V to the 12V system!! 

Les

Stuart,

I will happily scan and send but I am conscience bound to highlight the seriously dangerous notation.

Actually, I think that Everard's interior is white.

Everard?

Les

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:14 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] The Unicorn Has Landed!

Hi Les,

So will you put Everard’s original “rough” picture up there for us too?  I’d like to see it if possible – or if you can scan it and email it to me that would be great.

Out of interest, what colour was the interior laminate of Everard’s van – I wonder if the timber laminate was still the go in ’92? 

Cheers

Stuart

Thanks Les,

Recognise the conscience – just want to add that original to all my original stuff.

I saw Everard as I drove outside that day, gave him my car pass which presumably got him.  The van looked pristine – would love to have a good look someday.  Is he joining up?

Stu

-----Original Message-----
From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: Tuesday, 25 November 2008 5:44 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] The Unicorn Has Landed!

Stuart,

I will happily scan and send but I am conscience bound to highlight the seriously dangerous notation.

Actually, I think that Everard's interior is white.

Everard?

Les

Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:14 PM

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] The Unicorn Has Landed!

Hi Les,

Cheers

Stuart

Stuart,

Everard got in on your pass and he joined the group the same night!  And, yes, it is in beautiful condition.

Les

Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:15 PM

Thanks Les,

Recognise the conscience – just want to add that original to all my original stuff.

I saw Everard as I drove outside that day, gave him my car pass which presumably got him.  The van looked pristine – would love to have a good look someday.  Is he joining up?

Stu

Les - did you or anyone else get any photos of this beautiful condition, and rare, Caravelle GL Camper? 

We are a very small sub-set of the Syncro group, Caravelle GL Campers! The closest thing we have to Westfalias here in Oz!

Regards
Mark. 

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Les Harris <leslieharris@optushome.com.au> wrote:

Stuart,

Everard got in on your pass and he joined the group the same night!  And, yes, it is in beautiful condition.

Les

Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:15 PM

Thanks Les,

Stu