Valla info

Hi Skot, The system is designed to work as Peter described - knob out = light on+4wd. You have to do it this way as the switch will only activate in 4wd. It would be possible to set up what you suggest using a relay, but I think better to stick with uniformity. Greg E

From: "spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, 17 July 2014 10:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: De-couplers

Thanks Peter.

As they say - two green lights are better than one!

Cheers,

Skot

On 17/07/2014 10:51 PM, peter.kolevas@gmail.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Hi Skot,

My de-coupler is engaged when I pull the knob out and the light comes on this then provides Syncro drive.

It is the same with my rear diff lock.

I know that I have maximum grip when both green lights are on below the knobs.

Peter

Gold Goast

Hi Scott,
On mine,
the button is in and the light is off when I'm in 2WD.
This means as the going gets tough and the tough get going:
1. I pull on the coupler - one green light
2. Pull on the rear diff lock - two green lights
3. Pull on front diff lock - three green lights.

Then I just have to remember to push in the front diff lock button for serious steering to be available,
because despite the huge pull on the steering, it wont disengage till I'm in a straight line.

You'll love the decoupler, it transforms the car on black top, although I do use it on wet roads, especially in the first day / hours of rain.
It came as quite a shock one day when in 2WD I spun a wheel on a hill start in the wet.

Peter

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:46:52 +1000, spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Just about to take the plunge and install my new de-coupler from AA
>Transaxle in the USA as Florian has gone MIA.
>
>Just need to know - do I install the vacuum lines so that the 4wd is
>normally off or normally on. That is do you pull the button to engage
>2wd or engage 4wd.
>
>I would think it depends on use but to ensure you don't get stuck with
>it in 2wd due to a vacuum leak - keep 4wd as normal mode and 2wd as
>button pulled mode?
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Skot
>
>
>------------------------------------
>Posted by: spbconsulting@bigpond.com
>
>
>
>Yahoo Groups Links
>
><*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/
>
><*> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
><*> To change settings online go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/join
> (Yahoo! ID required)
>
><*> To change settings via email:
> Syncro_T3_Australia-digest@yahoogroups.com
> Syncro_T3_Australia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
><*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> Syncro_T3_Australia-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
><*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
> https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
>

By the way Skot what state is your VC in? Mine went from aggressive to passive last week. It was fun getting out of this hole (see photo). Worse still I had to put on chains with all the pleb 2wds!

From: "spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 17 July 2014 9:46 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] De-couplers

Hi All,

Just about to take the plunge and install my new de-coupler from AA
Transaxle in the USA as Florian has gone MIA.

Just need to know - do I install the vacuum lines so that the 4wd is
normally off or normally on. That is do you pull the button to engage
2wd or engage 4wd.

I would think it depends on use but to ensure you don't get stuck with
it in 2wd due to a vacuum leak - keep 4wd as normal mode and 2wd as
button pulled mode?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Skot

Thanks Folks.

Peter - so you are a member of the three knob club!

Cant wait to see your beast at Valla.

Cheers,

Skot

On 18/07/2014 9:49 AM, 'Peter Schweinsberg' peter@peterandval.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Hi Scott,
On mine,
the button is in and the light is off when I'm in 2WD.
This means as the going gets tough and the tough get going:
1. I pull on the coupler - one green light
2. Pull on the rear diff lock - two green lights
3. Pull on front diff lock - three green lights.

Then I just have to remember to push in the front diff lock button for serious steering to be available,
because despite the huge pull on the steering, it wont disengage till I'm in a straight line.

You'll love the decoupler, it transforms the car on black top, although I do use it on wet roads, especially in the first day / hours of rain.
It came as quite a shock one day when in 2WD I spun a wheel on a hill start in the wet.

Peter

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 21:46:52 +1000, spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Just about to take the plunge and install my new de-coupler from AA
>Transaxle in the USA as Florian has gone MIA.
>
>Just need to know - do I install the vacuum lines so that the 4wd is
>normally off or normally on. That is do you pull the button to engage
>2wd or engage 4wd.
>
>I would think it depends on use but to ensure you don't get stuck with
>it in 2wd due to a vacuum leak - keep 4wd as normal mode and 2wd as
>button pulled mode?
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Skot
>
>
>Posted by: spbconsulting@bigpond.com
>
>
>
>Yahoo Groups Links
>
><*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/
>
><*> Your email settings:
> Individual Email | Traditional
>
><*> To change settings online go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Syncro_T3_Australia/join
> (Yahoo! ID required)
>
><*> To change settings via email:
> Syncro_T3_Australia-digest@yahoogroups.com
> Syncro_T3_Australia-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
>
><*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> Syncro_T3_Australia-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
><*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
> https://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
>

Greg,

It was good last time I checked about 6 months ago by jacking up the rear wheels and driving forward.

Might check again at the mechanics on Wednesday.

Thats a lot of snow on your roof - hard to even make out its a kombi under there.

Cheers,

Skot

On 18/07/2014 10:26 AM, Greg Esposito gregespo73@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:
By the way Skot what state is your VC in? Mine went from aggressive to passive last week. It was fun getting out of this hole (see photo). Worse still I had to put on chains with all the pleb 2wds!

Hi All,

2wd or engage 4wd.

button pulled mode?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Skot

Yes Greg 2wd plebs is right. Had to put chains on & off on the t5 this week too many times. Next trip to the snow I think the syncro will be back in action. BTW was that you coming back to Melb just this side of Myrtleford? Pretty surprised I got a wave seeing that I was driving the t5. Eddie.
I didn't see you Eddie. Did you go to hotham?

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 18 Jul 2014, at 8:17 pm, "bergodaz@ozemail.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Yes Greg 2wd plebs is right. Had to put chains on & off on the t5 this week too many times. Next trip to the snow I think the syncro will be back in action. BTW was that you coming back to Melb just this side of Myrtleford? Pretty surprised I got a wave seeing that I was driving the t5. Eddie.

Yes went to Hotham, stayed at Dinner Plain. Skiied at DP with the kids, great place for them to learn. Saw a t3 Synrco at about 3pm about 10k's this side of Myrtleford. Am I right in guessing that the original wheels went on so that the chains don't get caught on the trailing arm?
Yes I would normally fit chains to the front, no point doing that with no drive to the front. So on went the 14s for clearance. We came back on Sat.  Stayed at the wangaratta ski club on mt St. Bernard, some clown brought up sick kids so we bugged out early and still caught the dreaded lergy. 

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 18 Jul 2014, at 8:45 pm, "bergodaz@ozemail.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Yes went to Hotham, stayed at Dinner Plain. Skiied at DP with the kids, great place for them to learn. Saw a t3 Synrco at about 3pm about 10k's this side of Myrtleford. Am I right in guessing that the original wheels went on so that the chains don't get caught on the trailing arm?

Serious snow Greg. Did you a sleep in the van? I am in the UK at the minute and have seen a couple of Syncros on my rounds collecting parts. They are all fitted with diesal air heaters for winter use.

Jon.

On 18/07/2014 3:26 AM, "Greg Esposito gregespo73@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

By the way Skot what state is your VC in? Mine went from aggressive to passive last week. It was fun getting out of this hole (see photo). Worse still I had to put on chains with all the pleb 2wds!

Hi All,

2wd or engage 4wd.

button pulled mode?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Skot

Hi Jon, no we slept in a ski club lodge. The t25 I owned in the UK had a LP gas heater, ran off a gas bottle (fridge also) and the aux battery. Have you found any interesting bits? High end stuff that is not common over here would be worth buying, like carat horn pads. Greg

From: "Jon Bartlett mail@jaybe.net [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 23 July 2014 5:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] De-couplers

Serious snow Greg. Did you a sleep in the van? I am in the UK at the minute and have seen a couple of Syncros on my rounds collecting parts. They are all fitted with diesal air heaters for winter use.
Jon.

On 18/07/2014 3:26 AM, "Greg Esposito gregespo73@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

By the way Skot what state is your VC in? Mine went from aggressive to passive last week. It was fun getting out of this hole (see photo). Worse still I had to put on chains with all the pleb 2wds!

Hi All,

2wd or engage 4wd.

button pulled mode?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Skot

On mine you pull the knob to engage 4 wheel drive, light comes on.

Bob

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com]

Jon.

Hi All,

2wd or engage 4wd.

button pulled mode?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Skot

Les,

Below is another email I posted earlier this year.

It has more details:

On 16/07/2014 11:23 AM, spbconsulting@bigpond.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

Peter,

I think we agreed on Friday morning 10:30am at the Sealys lookout over Coffs Harbour.

It was on a map I sent through in another email. See atatched.

http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/north-coast/coffs-harbour-area/coffs-harbour/attractions/bruxner-park-flora-reserve

Cheers,

Skot

On 16/07/2014 11:18 AM, peter.kolevas@gmail.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] wrote:

I am staying at North Coast Holiday Parks Nambucca Headland from Wednesday. When and where is the lookout meet?

Cheers

Peter
Goldcoast

Thanks Skot.  I forwarded your last email to Hamish and I will forward this one as well.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ]
Sent: 26 July 2014 10:13
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Valla info

Les,

It has more details:

Peter,

I think we agreed on Friday morning 10:30am at the Sealys lookout over Coffs Harbour .

http://www.visitnsw.com/destinations/north-coast/coffs-harbour-area/coffs-harbour/attractions/bruxner-park-flora-reserve

Cheers,

Skot

I am staying at North Coast Holiday Parks Nambucca Headland from Wednesday. When and where is the lookout meet?

Cheers

Peter

Goldcoast

Les,
If you can pass this attachment on, he might find it helpful.
Peter

--Original Message Text---
From: 'Les Harris' leslieharris@optusnet.com.au [Syncro_T3_Australia]
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 10:18:20 +1000

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

Thanks Skot. I forwarded your last email to Hamish and I will forward this one as well.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 26 July 2014 10:13
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Valla info

Les,

It has more details:

Peter,

I think we agreed on Friday morning 10:30am at the Sealys lookout over Coffs Harbour.

Cheers,

Skot

I am staying at North Coast Holiday Parks Nambucca Headland from Wednesday. When and where is the lookout meet?

Cheers

Peter

Goldcoast

Hi Greg, Wise move I think without a heater. I would be nervous about an LP Gas heater in an enclosed space. The diesel air heaters look nice but are quite pricey.

I am shipping the remainder of my belonging from UK to Aus (only taken 7 years) so looking to throw in a few Syncro parts in as well. Locking front diff plus spare VC being one.

Jon.

On 23/07/2014, at 12:28 AM, Greg Esposito gregespo73@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Jon, no we slept in a ski club lodge. The t25 I owned in the UK had a LP gas heater, ran off a gas bottle (fridge also) and the aux battery. Have you found any interesting bits? High end stuff that is not common over here would be worth buying, like carat horn pads. Greg

From: "Jon Bartlett mail@jaybe.net [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>

Jon.

Hi All,

2wd or engage 4wd.

button pulled mode?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Skot

Make that two lockers!!!

Sent from Greg's iPhone

On 26 Jul 2014, at 10:59 pm, "Jon Bartlett mail@jaybe.net [Syncro_T3_Australia]" <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Greg, Wise move I think without a heater. I would be nervous about an LP Gas heater in an enclosed space. The diesel air heaters look nice but are quite pricey.

I am shipping the remainder of my belonging from UK to Aus (only taken 7 years) so looking to throw in a few Syncro parts in as well. Locking front diff plus spare VC being one.

Jon.

On 23/07/2014, at 12:28 AM, Greg Esposito gregespo73@yahoo.com [Syncro_T3_Australia] <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Jon.

Hi All,

2wd or engage 4wd.

button pulled mode?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Skot