Vanagon Syncro EE20 by Greg

Might be of interest to some..

Rowan Hardinge

Syncro Surfer Blog:
http://syncrosurfer.tumblr.com/
Looks like a very neat installation , maybe by Small Car ?? However the seems to be a tad lower to the ground ? Hard to judge but he has not installed the skid plate . Anybody any idea what something like this would set you back ?
Hart

On 11/11/2013, at 6:12 PM, Rowan Hardinge wrote:

Rowan Hardinge

2010  Subaru diesel  + loom from sun spares aprox 4.5k.
Aftermarket diesel inject module req -1.8k
Bits n pieces from Gregoire or small car prob equate to 2.5k like bell housing, exhaust ect....
Then u need to install the tallest diff ratios which interestingly are the cheapest on the market from weddle engineering ~ 2.5k total plus the gear box rebuild.
I estimated about 20k to do and still a little concerned of the syncros ability to handle such nm from a transaxle point of view.

I think if driven wisely possibly really cool but a BIG job.

I was nearly there.

Hamish:

Sent from my iPhone

On 11/11/2013, at 5:12 PM, Rowan Hardinge <rowan.hardinge@yahoo.com> wrote:

Rowan Hardinge

Not SmallCar http://www.boxeer.com/ but SmallCar have done a Subaru diesel conversion. He has a thread on thesamba http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=434656

Brent

On Monday, 11 November 2013 7:15 PM, Hartmut <hartis@live.com.au> wrote:

Looks like a very neat installation , maybe by Small Car ?? However the seems to be a tad lower to the ground ? Hard to judge but he has not installed the skid plate . Anybody any idea what something like this would set you back ?
Hart

On 11/11/2013, at 6:12 PM, Rowan Hardinge wrote:

Rowan Hardinge

Hi All,

Would be interesting to see one in Australia. Ideally with a Gearbox Brace like in late SA Busses and an External Oli Cooler like AAA Transaxle do in the States. If your going to go the whole hog may as well do it properly!

For all the rest of us - Bruce love your practical approach - you're on the money. Can't wait to see some more. Also curious how much if any ground clearance was lost..

Mine will stay stock as a rock for the forseable future, nice to ponder the wider possibilities though!

Cheers

Rowan

Sent from Yahoo7 Mail on Android

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Vanagon Syncro EE20 by Greg
Sent: Mon, Nov 11, 2013 9:25:29 AM

2010 Subaru diesel + loom from sun spares aprox 4.5k.
Bits n pieces from Gregoire or small car prob equate to 2.5k like bell housing, exhaust ect....
Then u need to install the tallest diff ratios which interestingly are the cheapest on the market from weddle engineering ~ 2.5k total plus the gear box rebuild.
I estimated about 20k to do and still a little concerned of the syncros ability to handle such nm from a transaxle point of view.

I was nearly there.

Hamish:

Sent from my iPhone

Rowan Hardinge

Hi All,
Yes, would have loved to have the EE20, but it looked like too many $$$ when I was planning. Have'nt looked at Greg's Boxeer website for a while, but if I was looking now, would give it very serious consideration. The EE20 looks like a fantastic motor. (bummer!).
The EJ25 is shaping up pretty well though.
Bruce.

On Monday, 11 November 2013 10:22 PM, Rowan Hardinge <rowan.hardinge@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi All,
Would be interesting to see one in Australia. Ideally with a Gearbox Brace like in late SA Busses and an External Oli Cooler like AAA Transaxle do in the States. If your going to go the whole hog may as well do it properly!
For all the rest of us - Bruce love your practical approach - you're on the money. Can't wait to see some more. Also curious how much if any ground clearance was lost..
Mine will stay stock as a rock for the forseable future, nice to ponder the wider possibilities though!
Cheers
Rowan

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com <Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com>;
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Vanagon Syncro EE20 by Greg
Sent: Mon, Nov 11, 2013 9:25:29 AM

2010  Subaru diesel  + loom from sun spares aprox 4.5k.

I was nearly there.

Hamish:

Sent from my iPhone

Rowan Hardinge