WARNING DON'T OPEN M.MULLET EMAIL -VIRUS scam!!!!

WHEN i OPENED THIS EMAIL IT WENT OFF ON ONE OF THOSE SCAMS TELLING YOU THAT IT WAS CHECKING YOUR FILES FOR VIRUSES WHICH IT PROMPTLY IDENTIFIED. FORTUNATELY STOPPED IT IN TIME AND CLEARED IT BUT JUST DELETE THIS EMAIL

(I posted a reply to this yesterday but it never came through.  My ISP was in the process of chucking a long wobbly at the time, which might be the reason.)

Roger,

This email address was stolen some time ago and several malicious emails have come through since.  There’s no way of stopping it.  We just have to look at the classic signs; if it contains a URL that does not appear to relate to the email, it is a bad one.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Bell
Sent: 17 June 2012 23:31
To: Syncro Aust Group
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] WARNING DON'T OPEN M.MULLET EMAIL -VIRUS scam!!!!

WHEN i OPENED THIS EMAIL IT WENT OFF ON ONE OF THOSE SCAMS TELLING YOU THAT IT WAS CHECKING YOUR FILES FOR VIRUSES WHICH IT PROMPTLY IDENTIFIED. FORTUNATELY STOPPED IT IN TIME AND CLEARED IT BUT JUST DELETE THIS EMAIL

Good advice Les I got sucked in as I thought I remembered M.Mullet as a member but on reflection think he might have been the source of the last virus posted.
Roger
Melbourne

--- On Mon, 18/6/12, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] WARNING DON'T OPEN M.MULLET EMAIL -VIRUS scam!!!!
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Received: Monday, 18 June, 2012, 10:34 AM

(I posted a reply to this yesterday but it never came through.  My ISP was in the process of chucking a long wobbly at the time, which might be the reason.)

Roger,

This email address was stolen some time ago and several malicious emails have come through since.  There‚Äôs no way of stopping it.  We just have to look at the classic signs; if it contains a URL that does not appear to relate to the email, it is a bad one.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger Bell
Sent: 17 June 2012 23:31
To: Syncro Aust Group
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] WARNING DON'T OPEN M.MULLET EMAIL -VIRUS scam!!!!

Roger,

Yes, he is a member and his email address (plus the group email address) was stolen some time ago.

Les

Sent: 18 June 2012 17:44
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] WARNING DON'T OPEN M.MULLET EMAIL -VIRUS scam!!!!

Good advice Les I got sucked in as I thought I remembered M.Mullet as a member but on reflection think he might have been the source of the last virus posted.

Roger

Melbourne