Wreckers

Can any member recommend good T3 auto wreckers, mainly in Melbourne and Sydney, but with web and internet, anywhere in Australia.

Regards

Michael

Michael,

What parts are you looking for?  If they are parts common to all T3’s, you have a lot more choice than when it is Syncro specific parts. 

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Michael Rayner
Sent: 05 July 2010 13:35
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Wreckers

Can any member recommend good T3 auto wreckers, mainly in Melbourne and Sydney, but with web and internet, anywhere in Australia .

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Google Mercwreck, they have a few T3s in there
Gary
[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyone.net
www.twentytwentyone.net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

On 05/07/2010, at 1:34 PM, Michael Rayner wrote:

Can any member recommend good T3 auto wreckers, mainly in Melbourne and Sydney, but with web and internet, anywhere in Australia.

Regards

Michael

Michael,

I think that Brookvale Spares who are now in Smithfield, Sydney still do a fair bit of T3 stuff. Last time I called them they were 8788 8888.

I am sure they would have a web site but I cant put my hands on it.

I would also suggest they may be a bit pricey but the last time I checked they gave me a very good price (about 3 years ago).

There was another mob which were called All model 4x4 Spares in Revesby and they were also called Beetle Spares and had a few T3 bits - even the odd syncro (which is where I got my spare diff-lock face plate from).

However, I was driving past the other week and dropped into ask and they no longer do VW's at all.Parts were too hard to sell.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 1:34 PM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Wreckers

Regards

Michael

Regards

Michael

Sent: Mon, 5 July, 2010 1:37:20 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Wreckers

Michael,

What parts are you looking for?  If they are parts common to all T3’s, you have a lot more choice than when it is Syncro specific parts. 

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Michael Rayner
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Wreckers

Can any member recommend good T3 auto wreckers, mainly in Melbourne and Sydney, but with web and internet, anywhere in Australia .

right now I'm looking for a front drivers door and the stave/hinge. The bottom third is all bog. I'll give mercwreck a ring in Dandenong.

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Hi Michael,
Sapphire Auto Parts in Pambula South have a T3 89 model which has been dismantled.They have both doors the last time i checked.Give them a call as they are close to you.
Cheers,
Everard

--- On Mon, 5/7/10, Michael Rayner <mrayner51@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Wreckers
Received: Monday, 5 July, 2010, 6:23 AM

Regards

Michael

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Wreckers

Michael,

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Michael Rayner

right now I'm looking for a front drivers door and the stave/hinge. The bottom third is all bog. I'll give mercwreck a ring in Dandenong.

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Messages in this topic (1)

Thanks Everard. How did you find that bit of info. Currently I'm in Melbourne till the end of the week, but I'll give them a call. Best to support the locals.

Regards

Michael

Sent: Mon, 5 July, 2010 4:28:08 PM

Hi Michael,
Sapphire Auto Parts in Pambula South have a T3 89 model which has been dismantled.They have both doors the last time i checked.Give them a call as they are close to you.
Cheers,
Everard

--- On Mon, 5/7/10, Michael Rayner <mrayner51@yahoo. com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Wreckers

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Hi Michael,
I bought the Motor off this vehicle in December last year when i was on my country trip to Mallacoota.I also got the power steering bits as i am installing P/S in my 1991 Twin Cab Ute.They had the ad on Ebay at the time which is how i came to know about the vehicle.I also bought the 2 front seats and installed them in my ute.
Cheers,
Everard

--- On Mon, 5/7/10, Michael Rayner <mrayner51@yahoo.com> wrote:

Received: Monday, 5 July, 2010, 6:32 AM

Thanks Everard. How did you find that bit of info. Currently I'm in Melbourne till the end of the week, but I'll give them a call. Best to support the locals.

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Heh Everard. Rang Sapphire Auto and both doors have gone. Some guys have all the luck.

Regards

Michael

Sent: Mon, 5 July, 2010 4:36:31 PM

Hi Michael,
I bought the Motor off this vehicle in December last year when i was on my country trip to Mallacoota.I also got the power steering bits as i am installing P/S in my 1991 Twin Cab Ute.They had the ad on Ebay at the time which is how i came to know about the vehicle.I also bought the 2 front seats and installed them in my ute.
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Try Lloyd at Volkwerke in Greensborough.He did have a wreck in there sometime ago.Gold in colour.Might still have the doors.
Cheers,
Everard

--- On Tue, 6/7/10, Michael Rayner <mrayner51@yahoo.com> wrote:

Received: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010, 1:07 AM

Heh Everard. Rang Sapphire Auto and both doors have gone. Some guys have all the luck.

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Funny you should mention that. I was in there yesterday and saw a gold T3 Caravelle rear hatch hanging on the wall, but no doors, Worth a call, no doubt.

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Everard Hoffman <everardhoffman@yahoo.com> wrote:

Try Lloyd at Volkwerke in Greensborough.He did have a wreck in there sometime ago.Gold in colour.Might still have the doors.
Cheers,
Everard

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] WreckersReceived: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010, 1:07 AM

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

What parts are you looking for? If they are parts common to all T3’s, you have a lot more choice than when it is Syncro specific parts.

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Did you get everything sorted out with your engine problem Francesca?

You must surely be due some trouble free trips soon!

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyone.net
www.twentytwentyone.net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

On 06/07/2010, at 11:54 AM, Francesca Coles wrote:

Funny you should mention that. I was in there yesterday and saw a gold T3 Caravelle rear hatch hanging on the wall, but no doors, Worth a call, no doubt.

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Everard Hoffman <everardhoffman@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Try Lloyd at Volkwerke in Greensborough. He did have a wreck in there sometime ago.Gold in colour.Might still have the doors.
Cheers,
Everard

--- On Tue, 6/7/10, Michael Rayner <mrayner51@yahoo. com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] WreckersReceived: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010, 1:07 AM

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Hi Gary. Not yet. Still waiting for Lloyd's verdict. Could be an issue with sensors/electronic components, possibly. Yes, it would be nice to be able to have a holiday minus mechanical misadventures! Hope you're making progress with your engine troubles, too.

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Gary Cookson <gary@twentytwentyone.net> wrote:

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyone.net
www.twentytwentyone.net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Everard Hoffman <everardhoffman@yahoo.com> wrote:

Cheers,
Everard

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] WreckersReceived: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010, 1:07 AM

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

What parts are you looking for? If they are parts common to all T3’s, you have a lot more choice than when it is Syncro specific parts.

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Think of the stories for the kids to tell in the future. Mum and Dad had this great old Kombie, we had so many great trips, even got home in it sometimes... etc. 

My truck is going up to Thomastown to a diesel guru on Friday, have been trying not to drive it much but the few trips I have been on it has hardly smoked and has been running very smoothly. Hopefully they can pinpoint the issue which seems to come and go. Secretly i'm hoping for something serious so i have an excuse to find a new, more powerful engine. 

Apart from the expense of doing that obviously!

I'm sure i'll look back at the "Syncro years" with fondness soon...

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyone.net
www.twentytwentyone.net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

On 06/07/2010, at 12:09 PM, Francesca Coles wrote:

Hi Gary. Not yet. Still waiting for Lloyd's verdict. Could be an issue with sensors/electronic components, possibly. Yes, it would be nice to be able to have a holiday minus mechanical misadventures! Hope you're making progress with your engine troubles, too.

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Gary Cookson <gary@twentytwentyon e.net> wrote:

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyon e.net
www.twentytwentyone .net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Everard Hoffman <everardhoffman@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Try Lloyd at Volkwerke in Greensborough. He did have a wreck in there sometime ago.Gold in colour.Might still have the doors.
Cheers,
Everard

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] WreckersReceived: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010, 1:07 AM

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Good luck with that. Will be interested to hear the outcome, particularly if it comes to engine replacement.

At present, the memoirs risk being titled Tribulations Around Australia in a Syncro Camper rather than Travels Around Australia in a Syncro Camper, but I trust we'll make some progress. No, actually, we've had lots of fun in it so far despite the breakdowns. We had a lovely few days camping at remote and wild Wingan Inlet in Croajingolong National Park just prior to the breakdown - a destination I can highly recommend. Kayaking on the Inlet was a highlight, as was the wildlife (including eerie nighttime cries of seals from a nearby breeding colony). There's a very good tour to be done of the whole park, outside winter road closure season.

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Gary Cookson <gary@twentytwentyone.net> wrote:

Think of the stories for the kids to tell in the future. Mum and Dad had this great old Kombie, we had so many great trips, even got home in it sometimes... etc.

My truck is going up to Thomastown to a diesel guru on Friday, have been trying not to drive it much but the few trips I have been on it has hardly smoked and has been running very smoothly. Hopefully they can pinpoint the issue which seems to come and go. Secretly i'm hoping for something serious so i have an excuse to find a new, more powerful engine.

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyone.net
www.twentytwentyone.net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Gary Cookson <gary@twentytwentyone.net> wrote:

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyone.net
www.twentytwentyone.net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Francesca.

Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Francesca,

Put me down on the list to buy that book - it would be a must have at least for our nutty group!

Cheers,

Skot

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 12:40 PM

Good luck with that. Will be interested to hear the outcome, particularly if it comes to engine replacement. 

At present, the memoirs risk being titled Tribulations Around Australia in a Syncro Camper rather than Travels Around Australia in a Syncro Camper, but I trust we'll make some progress. No, actually, we've had lots of fun in it so far despite the breakdowns. We had a lovely few days camping at remote and wild Wingan Inlet in Croajingolong National Park just prior to the breakdown - a destination I can highly recommend. Kayaking on the Inlet was a highlight, as was the wildlife (including eerie nighttime cries of seals from a nearby breeding colony). There's a very good tour to be done of the whole park, outside winter road closure season.

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Gary Cookson <gary@twentytwentyon e.net> wrote:

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
www.twentytwentyone .net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Gary Cookson <gary@twentytwentyon e.net> wrote:

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
www.twentytwentyone .net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Francesca.

Cheers,
Everard

Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Wreckers Received: Tuesday, 6 July, 2010, 1:07 AM

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

Heh Francesca. Keep a lid on it, no further than this forum OK!

Regards

Michael

Sent: Tue, 6 July, 2010 12:40:06 PM

Francesca.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Gary Cookson <gary@twentytwentyon e.net> wrote:

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
www.twentytwentyone .net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Francesca.

Gary

[2 0 / 2 1 Design]
28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
www.twentytwentyone .net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

Francesca.

Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Cheers,
Everard

Regards

Michael

Michael,

Les

Regards

Michael

,_.___

You will all be pleased to know my jury rigged starter switch and a start button are working a treat and we are now in Yamba chilling out.

I think Hart should have a new switch by now, although the toggle switch and start button is not a bad set up at all. See attached photo. Also shot of the stuffed switch.

Peter

Peter,

I think that someone has already mentioned this but the full headlamp load goes through the starter switch from memory and it makes a lot of sense to fit relays for the headlamps.  This limits the current through the switch to the very small amount that is needed to trigger the relay.  It used to be mandatory on 6 volt Beetles!

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Peter Coe
Sent: 06 July 2010 20:41
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Wreckers

You will all be pleased to know my jury rigged starter switch and a start button are working a treat and we are now in Yamba chilling out.

I think Hart should have a new switch by now, although the toggle switch and start button is not a bad set up at all. See attached photo. Also shot of the stuffed switch.  

Peter

Here's how to do it

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjlander/Headlights.htm

Phill

> Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> Peter,
>
> I think that someone has already mentioned this but the full headlamp
> load
> goes through the starter switch from memory and it makes a lot of sense
> to
> fit relays for the headlamps. This limits the current through the
> switch to
> the very small amount that is needed to trigger the relay. It used to
> be
> mandatory on 6 volt Beetles!
>
> Les
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Coe
> Sent: 06 July 2010 20:41
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Wreckers
>
> You will all be pleased to know my jury rigged starter switch and a
> start
> button are working a treat and we are now in Yamba chilling out.
>
> I think Hart should have a new switch by now, although the toggle switch
> and
> start button is not a bad set up at all. See attached photo. Also shot
> of
> the stuffed switch.
>
> Peter
>
>