engineers

Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
Ben,

I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.

I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.

Engineers details are as follows:

Mr Kevin Humphrey
Lakesedge Engineering
4 Willow Tree Road,
Wyong  NSW  2259

Ph: 4353 0866

Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers

Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)

Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@...> wrote:
>
> Ben,
>
> I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
>
> I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
>
> Engineers details are as follows:
>
> Mr Kevin Humphrey
> Lakesedge Engineering
> 4 Willow Tree Road,
> Wyong NSW 2259
>
> Ph: 4353 0866
>
> Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
>
> Best of luck.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: bencroft96
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
>
>
>
> Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
>
Ben,

This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't charge admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!

Cheers,

Scott

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:52 AM
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: engineers

Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@...> wrote:
>
> Ben,
>
> I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
>
> I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
>
> Engineers details are as follows:
>
> Mr Kevin Humphrey
> Lakesedge Engineering
> 4 Willow Tree Road,
> Wyong NSW 2259
>
> Ph: 4353 0866
>
> Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
>
> Best of luck.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
>
>
> Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
>
>
>
> Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
>

Scott,Kevin is busy,and told me to find someone in Sydney.

>
> Ben,
>
> This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't charge admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
> Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:52 AM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: engineers
>
>
>
> Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> >
> > Ben,
> >
> > I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
> >
> > I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
> >
> > Engineers details are as follows:
> >
> > Mr Kevin Humphrey
> > Lakesedge Engineering
> > 4 Willow Tree Road,
> > Wyong NSW 2259
> >
> > Ph: 4353 0866
> >
> > Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
> >
> > Best of luck.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Scott
> >
> >
> >
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > From: bencroft96
> > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
> > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
> >
> >
> >
> > Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
> >
>
Ben,

Brett from Macron Campers suggested when I get around to it to get to his workshop around 7:30am and park outside and wait till he opens then he is generally in a better mood.

After the first few cars go through he is usually a cranky old bugger.

I don't know him - so I can see how I could pull any strings to get you in.

He will probably tell me the same thing - "I'm too busy - go find someone in Sydney".

Unfortunately I have lived here too long to know anyone in Sydney that does this work.

Best of luck again.

Let us know who you do manage to get - I may need him.

Cheers,

Scott

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:18 AM

Scott,Kevin is busy,and told me to find someone in Sydney.

>
> Ben,
>
> This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't charge admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
> Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:52 AM
>
>
>
> Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> >
> > Ben,
> >
> > I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
> >
> > I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
> >
> > Engineers details are as follows:
> >
> > Mr Kevin Humphrey
> > Lakesedge Engineering
> > 4 Willow Tree Road,
> > Wyong NSW 2259
> >
> > Ph: 4353 0866
> >
> > Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
> >
> > Best of luck.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Scott
> >
> >
> >
> > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
> > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
> >
> >
> >
> > Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
> >
>

Talked to a guy in Canterbury(some fully sic cars down there),told me to put the engine in,use a Subaru cat(not an aftermarket one),make an appointment,drive down and see him.No pre-inspection required,as he has engineered a few sent to him from Wolksberg.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@...> wrote:
>
> Scott,Kevin is busy,and told me to find someone in Sydney.
>
> >
> > Ben,
> >
> > This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't charge admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:52 AM
> > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: engineers
> >
> >
> >
> > Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben,
> > >
> > > I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
> > >
> > > I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
> > >
> > > Engineers details are as follows:
> > >
> > > Mr Kevin Humphrey
> > > Lakesedge Engineering
> > > 4 Willow Tree Road,
> > > Wyong NSW 2259
> > >
> > > Ph: 4353 0866
> > >
> > > Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
> > >
> > > Best of luck.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Scott
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > From: bencroft96
> > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
> > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
> > >
> >
>
Sounds good Ben.

Let me know how it all goes.

Cheers,

Scott

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:46 AM

Talked to a guy in Canterbury(some fully sic cars down there),told me to put the engine in,use a Subaru cat(not an aftermarket one),make an appointment,drive down and see him.No pre-inspection required,as he has engineered a few sent to him from Wolksberg.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@...> wrote:
>
> Scott,Kevin is busy,and told me to find someone in Sydney.
>
> >
> > Ben,
> >
> > This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't charge admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:52 AM
> >
> >
> >
> > Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben,
> > >
> > > I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
> > >
> > > I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
> > >
> > > Engineers details are as follows:
> > >
> > > Mr Kevin Humphrey
> > > Lakesedge Engineering
> > > 4 Willow Tree Road,
> > > Wyong NSW 2259
> > >
> > > Ph: 4353 0866
> > >
> > > Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
> > >
> > > Best of luck.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Scott
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
> > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
> > >
> >
>

Hey Hey,been on the phone to some interesting people today.
Had an interesting conversation with one,concearning improved braking with my Syncro/Subaru conversion.
He says that replacing the VW brake booster with a bigger one from another manufacturer improves Syncro brakes by far.This interests me.
It is something that is not needed for the engineers certificate but the engineer gave me the contact and idea.
Has anyone else done this or knows about this.This is something that will interest a few of you with VW or other engines.When I learn more,I will pass it on.

>
> Sounds good Ben.
>
> Let me know how it all goes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
> Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:46 AM
>
>
>
> Talked to a guy in Canterbury(some fully sic cars down there),told me to put the engine in,use a Subaru cat(not an aftermarket one),make an appointment,drive down and see him.No pre-inspection required,as he has engineered a few sent to him from Wolksberg.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@> wrote:
> >
> > Scott,Kevin is busy,and told me to find someone in Sydney.
> >
> > >
> > > Ben,
> > >
> > > This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't charge admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Scott
> > >
> > > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:52 AM
> > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: engineers
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.
> > >
> > > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Ben,
> > > >
> > > > I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
> > > >
> > > > I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
> > > >
> > > > Engineers details are as follows:
> > > >
> > > > Mr Kevin Humphrey
> > > > Lakesedge Engineering
> > > > 4 Willow Tree Road,
> > > > Wyong NSW 2259
> > > >
> > > > Ph: 4353 0866
> > > >
> > > > Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
> > > >
> > > > Best of luck.
> > > >
> > > > Cheers,
> > > >
> > > > Scott
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > From: bencroft96
> > > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
> > > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Ben, the booster to use is one from BMW been told it’s an easy swap, but I have not done it yet, slakko me. Hart

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bencroft96
Sent: Wednesday, 7 July 2010 1:23 PM
To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] improved braking

Had an interesting conversation with one,concearning improved braking with my Syncro/Subaru conversion.
He says that replacing the VW brake booster with a bigger one from another manufacturer improves Syncro brakes by far.This interests me.
It is something that is not needed for the engineers certificate but the engineer gave me the contact and idea.
Has anyone else done this or knows about this.This is something that will interest a few of you with VW or other engines.When I learn more,I will pass it on.

>
> Sounds good Ben.
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
>
>
>
> Talked to a guy in Canterbury(some fully sic cars down there),told me to
put the engine in,use a Subaru cat(not an aftermarket one),make an appointment,drive down and see him.No pre-inspection required,as he has engineered a few sent to him from Wolksberg.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com,
"bencroft96" <bencroft96@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com,
"Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben,
> > >
> > > This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't
charge admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Scott
> > >
> > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: engineers
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru
motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.
> > >
> > > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com,
"Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Ben,
> > > >
> > > > I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make
my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
> > > >
> > > > I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need
a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Wyong NSW 2259
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long
as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
> > > >
> > > > Best of luck.
> > > >
> > > > Cheers,
> > > >
> > > > Scott
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that
engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Ben,

There are several brake conversions, most of which will not fit the 14” wheel and it is necessary to go to 15”.  Yurik has done this (using mainly Audi parts from memory) and is very pleased with the results.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of bencroft96
Sent: 07 July 2010 13:23

I am also interested in this. As we all know the syncro standard braking is not sensational.

Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 1:30 PM
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] improved braking

Ben, the booster to use is one from BMW been told it’s an easy swap, but I have not done it yet, slakko me. Hart

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of bencroft96
To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] improved braking

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@ ...> wrote:
>
> Sounds good Ben.
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: engineers
>
>
>
> Talked to a guy in Canterbury(some fully sic cars down there),told me to put the engine in,use a Subaru cat(not an aftermarket one),make an appointment, drive down and see him.No pre-inspection required,as he has engineered a few sent to him from Wolksberg.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben,
> > >
> > > This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't charge admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Scott
> > >
> > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
> > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: engineers
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will give him a call,sus it out.
> > >
> > > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Ben,
> > > >
> > > > I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
> > > >
> > > > I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful but necessary process.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Wyong NSW 2259
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years ago.
> > > >
> > > > Best of luck.
> > > >
> > > > Cheers,
> > > >
> > > > Scott
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
> > > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] engineers
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered your bus(is he in Wyong?)
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Hart,yes from a BMW.I am chasing one down now.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Hartmut Kiehn" <hartis@...> wrote:
>
> Ben, the booster to use is one from BMW been told it's an easy swap, but I
> have not done it yet, slakko me. Hart
>
>
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bencroft96
> Sent: Wednesday, 7 July 2010 1:23 PM
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] improved braking
>
>
>
>
>
> Hey Hey,been on the phone to some interesting people today.
> Had an interesting conversation with one,concearning improved braking with
> my Syncro/Subaru conversion.
> He says that replacing the VW brake booster with a bigger one from another
> manufacturer improves Syncro brakes by far.This interests me.
> It is something that is not needed for the engineers certificate but the
> engineer gave me the contact and idea.
> Has anyone else done this or knows about this.This is something that will
> interest a few of you with VW or other engines.When I learn more,I will pass
> it on.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mr Scott Pitcher"
> <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds good Ben.
> >
> > Let me know how it all goes.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Scott
> >
> <mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:46 AM
> >
> >
> >
> > Talked to a guy in Canterbury(some fully sic cars down there),told me to
> put the engine in,use a Subaru cat(not an aftermarket one),make an
> appointment,drive down and see him.No pre-inspection required,as he has
> engineered a few sent to him from Wolksberg.
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia%40yahoogroups.com> , "bencroft96" <bencroft96@>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Scott,Kevin is busy,and told me to find someone in Sydney.
> > >
> > > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > >
> > > > Ben,
> > > >
> > > > This is Gods Country up here and unlike many places, we don't charge
> admission. The F3 is toll free (well at the moment anyway). Well worth a
> visit. Just watch out for that shady bloke called Ken!
> > > >
> > > > Cheers,
> > > >
> > > > Scott
> > > >
> > > > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:52 AM
> > > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: engineers
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Scott,Kevin is the guy who other guys I know who have put Subaru
> motors in Beetles used and recomend.The problem is he is up your way.Will
> give him a call,sus it out.
> > > >
> > > > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > > >
> > > > > Ben,
> > > > >
> > > > > I haven't done it yet as I need to find a few hours to make my
> fridge cupboard and install it so that he can engineer the syncro as a
> camper. Better to do it all at once than pay for 2 reports.
> > > > >
> > > > > I understand the reports are around $400 ish, then you need a blue
> slip, a weigh bridge certificate and then the RTA starts charging you to
> change over details (in your case engine numbers etc). Sounds like a painful
> but necessary process.
> > > > >
> > > > > Engineers details are as follows:
> > > > >
> > > > > Mr Kevin Humphrey
> > > > > Lakesedge Engineering
> > > > > 4 Willow Tree Road,
> > > > > Wyong NSW 2259
> > > > >
> > > > > Ph: 4353 0866
> > > > >
> > > > > Apparently Kevin is a reasonable bloke to deal with as long as you
> have all your pollution control hooked up and the work is neat - you
> shouldn't have any problems with him. He actually did the engineering
> certificate in an engine swap I did in a Mitsubishi L300 van about 20 years
> ago.
> > > > >
> > > > > Best of luck.
> > > > >
> > > > > Cheers,
> > > > >
> > > > > Scott
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > ----- Original Message -----
> > > > > From: bencroft96
> > > > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
> > > > > Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 9:19 AM
> > > > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] engineers
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Scott,can you give me the details of the engineer that engineered
> your bus(is he in Wyong?)
> > > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
Thanks Les,will consult with Yurik when he gets back.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@...> wrote:
>
> Ben,
>
> There are several brake conversions, most of which will not fit the 14"
> wheel and it is necessary to go to 15". Yurik has done this (using mainly
> Audi parts from memory) and is very pleased with the results.
>
> Les
>
>
>
> _____
>
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bencroft96
> Sent: 07 July 2010 13:23
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] improved braking
>
> Hey Hey,been on the phone to some interesting people today.
> Had an interesting conversation with one,concearning improved braking with
> my Syncro/Subaru conversion.
> He says that replacing the VW brake booster with a bigger one from another
> manufacturer improves Syncro brakes by far.This interests me.
> It is something that is not needed for the engineers certificate but the
> engineer gave me the contact and idea.
> Has anyone else done this or knows about this.This is something that will
> interest a few of you with VW or other engines.When I learn more,I will pass
> it on.
>

Hi Les,  I have used a Bernd Jaeger Audi assembly and gone to 16” rims, but 15” would do also. Braking has not improved though, in fact just passed the pink slip test with 53%. What is missing is the booster. Will look into that one. Hart

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Les Harris
Sent: Wednesday, 7 July 2010 1:33 PM

Ben,

There are several brake conversions, most of which will not fit the 14” wheel and it is necessary to go to 15”.  Yurik has done this (using mainly Audi parts from memory) and is very pleased with the results.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bencroft96
Sent: 07 July 2010 13:23

Hartmut,

From memory, Yurik’s conversion was comprehensive and would have included a matched booster.  He has mentioned his conversion previously but probably not in full detail.  It will be worth asking him for a detailed description.

Ben,

There are conversions that require some machining and some that are bolt-on.  Ben Tan in the US has good knowledge of what is available and might be good enough to share it with us.  Ben posted detailed information some time ago but it would take some searching to find it in the archives.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
Sent: 07 July 2010 13:47

Hi Les,  I have used a Bernd Jaeger Audi assembly and gone to 16” rims, but 15” would do also. Braking has not improved though, in fact just passed the pink slip test with 53%. What is missing is the booster. Will look into that one. Hart

Hart and others,I have found a few BMW e30 boosters.9601 6655 ask for Steve tell him I sent you.He has two he wants $150 or $250 for the pair.

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Les Harris" <leslieharris@...> wrote:
>
> Hartmut,
>
> From memory, Yurik's conversion was comprehensive and would have included a
> matched booster. He has mentioned his conversion previously but probably
> not in full detail. It will be worth asking him for a detailed description.
>
>
>
> Ben,
>
> There are conversions that require some machining and some that are bolt-on.
> Ben Tan in the US has good knowledge of what is available and might be good
> enough to share it with us. Ben posted detailed information some time ago
> but it would take some searching to find it in the archives.
>
> Les
>
> _____
>
> [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
> Sent: 07 July 2010 13:47
> Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] improved braking
>
> Hi Les, I have used a Bernd Jaeger Audi assembly and gone to 16" rims, but
> 15" would do also. Braking has not improved though, in fact just passed the
> pink slip test with 53%. What is missing is the booster. Will look into that
> one. Hart
>

Les,

Something like these for 15" rims ...

Goto: http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=23124&category_id=71&category_parent_id=

Goto: http://www.smallcar.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29928

Ok for you Les, you own a gold mine ... damn your good fortune!

Cheers.
Ken

Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:54:20 +1000

Hartmut,

From memory, Yurik’s conversion was comprehensive and would have included a matched booster.  He has mentioned his conversion previously but probably not in full detail.  It will be worth asking him for a detailed description.

Ben,

There are conversions that require some machining and some that are bolt-on.  Ben Tan in the US has good knowledge of what is available and might be good enough to share it with us.  Ben posted detailed information some time ago but it would take some searching to find it in the archives.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
Sent: 07 July 2010 13:47
Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] improved braking

Australia's #1 job site If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK
The brake booster came from a E30 (3) series BMW, which is easy to find in wrecking yards, made from 1982---- 1990, and until 1993 for the convertible.

Ralph 

-----Original Message-----
From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
Sent: Wednesday, 7 July 2010 3:31 p.m.

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto:Syncro_ T3_Australia@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of bencroft96
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] improved braking

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@ ...> wrote:
>
> Sounds good Ben.
>
>
> Cheers,
>
> Scott
>
> To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
> Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: engineers
>
>
>
> Talked to a guy in Canterbury(some fully sic cars down there),told me to put the engine in,use a Subaru cat(not an aftermarket one),make an appointment, drive down and see him.No pre-inspection required,as he has engineered a few sent to him from Wolksberg.
>
> --- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "bencroft96" <bencroft96@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ben,
> > >
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Scott
> > >
> > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
> > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Re: engineers
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --- In Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com, "Mr Scott Pitcher" <spbconsulting@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > Ben,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Wyong NSW 2259
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Best of luck.
> > > >
> > > > Cheers,
> > > >
> > > > Scott
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
> > > > Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] engineers
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>

Ken,they look good dont they.I have been told that Sherman also do a big brake kit that doesnt require machining(2nd hand info)
Les do you have any positions vacant in your gold mine?

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, Ken Garratt <unclekenz@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> Les,
>
>
>
> Something like these for 15" rims ...
>
>
>
> Goto: http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=23124&category_id=71&category_parent_id=
>
>
>
> Goto: http://www.smallcar.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29928
>
>
>
> Ok for you Les, you own a gold mine ... damn your good fortune!
>
>
>
> Cheers.
>
> Ken
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: leslieharris@...
> Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 13:54:20 +1000
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hartmut,
>
> From memory, Yurik's conversion was comprehensive and would have included a matched booster. He has mentioned his conversion previously but probably not in full detail. It will be worth asking him for a detailed description.
>
> Ben,
> There are conversions that require some machining and some that are bolt-on. Ben Tan in the US has good knowledge of what is available and might be good enough to share it with us. Ben posted detailed information some time ago but it would take some searching to find it in the archives.
> Les
>
>
>
>
> From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Hartmut Kiehn
> Sent: 07 July 2010 13:47
>
>
>
>
> Hi Les, I have used a Bernd Jaeger Audi assembly and gone to 16" rims, but 15" would do also. Braking has not improved though, in fact just passed the pink slip test with 53%. What is missing is the booster. Will look into that one. Hart
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK. Australia's #1 job site
> http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157639755/direct/01/
>