VERY RARE jagtwagen for sale on german e-bay

these were the most expensive syncro's produced, they were produced for the shooting fraternaty
in the treasure chest is a fully secured gun cabinet
the full external roll cage was standard, loads of extras that weren't avaliable for standard syncro's!

the price is VERY low, if a hadn't had so much trouble improrting my 1st syncro, i'd be very interested in this one!

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-Jagtwagen-t3-t2-Bulli-1-6-TD-Syncro-Doka-4x4-14_W0QQitemZ320459024792QQihZ011QQcategoryZ9873QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26ps%3D6
Yes, very rare and amazes me that such a rare and expensive vehicle is eventually left to stand in the open and rust as it has.

Mark.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 12:15 PM, kombijon <kombijon@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

these were the most expensive syncro's produced, they were produced for the shooting fraternaty
in the treasure chest is a fully secured gun cabinet
the full external roll cage was standard, loads of extras that weren't avaliable for standard syncro's!

the price is VERY low, if a hadn't had so much trouble improrting my 1st syncro, i'd be very interested in this one!

http://cgi.ebay.de/VW-Jagtwagen-t3-t2-Bulli-1-6-TD-Syncro-Doka-4x4-14_W0QQitemZ320459024792QQihZ011QQcategoryZ9873QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26ps%3D6

Hi All,

I’m considering buying a side roll out awning for the Trakka Syncro. Mark I know yours works quite well. Are there pros and cons with these? Have others had good or bad experiences with brands, distributors, or manufacturers of these? I’m after something that can be erected and rolled up very quickly for overnighters. I’m in Sydney so I’d be keen to know of local suppliers.

Cheers

Murray

Murray

I have the Fiamma F45 - an excellent awning. No real disadvantages other than I broke the plastic lug once which required a $10 replacement.

Distributor in NSW is Camec at Ingleburn.

Regards
Mark.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Murray Lee <murray.lee@usyd.edu.au> wrote:

Hi All,

I’m considering buying a side roll out awning for the Trakka Syncro. Mark I know yours works quite well. Are there pros and cons with these? Have others had good or bad experiences with brands, distributors, or manufacturers of these? I’m after something that can be erected and rolled up very quickly for overnighters. I’m in Sydney so I’d be keen to know of local suppliers.

Cheers

Murray

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this. I'm assuming your awning is the 2.5m version? Also, can you tell me how it is fixed to the van? I've just been speaking to the supplier and it seems leke there may be a range of options as to how to fix it. 

Cheers Murray

On 08/12/2009, at 11:42 PM, Mark Kofahl wrote:

Murray

I have the Fiamma F45 - an excellent awning. No real disadvantages other than I broke the plastic lug once which required a $10 replacement. 

Regards
Mark.

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM, Murray Lee <murray.lee@usyd. edu.au> wrote:

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Dr Murray Lee / Senior Lecturer in Criminology / Director Sydney Institute of Criminology / Faculty of Law / University of Sydney / New Law Building F10 / Camperdown Campus 2006 / ph +61 2 93510443 /  murray.lee@usyd.edu.au

Murray,
I'd suggest proceeding with caution. Essentially I had the idea the awning is great but the means of fastening it .... especially to withstand long term reliable trouble free fastening on our fibreglass poptops can be problematic. Worse for offroaders of course. Good luck.
Ken

To: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:38:32 +1100
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Side Awning Info

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this. I'm assuming your awning is the 2.5m version? Also, can you tell me how it is fixed to the van? I've just been speaking to the supplier and it seems leke there may be a range of options as to how to fix it. 

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Dr Murray Lee / Senior Lecturer in Criminology / Director Sydney Institute of Criminology / Faculty of Law / University of Sydney / New Law Building F10 / Camperdown Campus 2006 / ph +61 2 93510443 /  murray.lee@usyd. edu.au

Meet singles at ninemsn dating Looking for a great date?
Hi Ken,

Yes, the fixing part is the thing that concerns me a little. I notice Faimma also make a 'bag' type which is easily removable and slips into and out of a rope track which can be secured with screws into the track. As I already have a rope track on this side this has some attraction but I wonder how this would fare when driving as apparently you can keep them fixed in the track while on the move. 
Cheers M

On 09/12/2009, at 11:05 AM, Ken Garratt wrote:

Murray,
I'd suggest proceeding with caution. Essentially I had the idea the awning is great but the means of fastening it .... especially to withstand long term reliable trouble free fastening on our fibreglass poptops can be problematic. Worse for offroaders of course. Good luck.
Ken

To: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Side Awning Info

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Dr Murray Lee / Senior Lecturer in Criminology / Director Sydney Institute of Criminology / Faculty of Law / University of Sydney / New Law Building F10 / Camperdown Campus 2006 / ph +61 2 93510443 /  murray.lee@usyd. edu.au

Meet singles at ninemsn dating Looking for a great date?

Dr Murray Lee / Senior Lecturer in Criminology / Director Sydney Institute of Criminology / Faculty of Law / University of Sydney / New Law Building F10 / Camperdown Campus 2006 / ph +61 2 93510443 /  murray.lee@usyd.edu.au

Murray,

I would anticipate that a bag awning style would flap around madly under highway speeds which would damage it? - But I could easily be wrong.

I would at least question that issue.

We have decided to get a JustKampers Awning tent from the Bus Stop as I have 3 females to deal with who like to spread themselves out. Only takes 2 pegs and a couple of clamps to set it up on the car. The trick is putting it up every time - takes me about an hour - well it did the first time.

Cheers,

Scott

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 11:59 AM

Hi Ken,

Yes, the fixing part is the thing that concerns me a little. I notice Faimma also make a 'bag' type which is easily removable and slips into and out of a rope track which can be secured with screws into the track. As I already have a rope track on this side this has some attraction but I wonder how this would fare when driving as apparently you can keep them fixed in the track while on the move. 
Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Murray,
Yes I have an aluminium rope track on mine too, but never gets used. Also a wind out canvas awning replete with full zippered sides and floor to form an outside (attached) room came with my van but it's all to heavy and bulky and then the van won't fit in the garage when fitted to the van .... not enough height. Also getting caught in tree branches etc driving along narrow tracks is a turnoff for me also .... so just have to find some shade I suppose. Oh well, could be worse ... in a tent!

Aaah, the worries of kitting out a camper .... and ever so badly timed Murray .... pre Xmas rush! ... haha   Good luck. Cheers.
Ken

Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:59:24 +1100

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Yes, interesting Scott. The manufacturers Fiamma seem to suggest that having it fitted at highway speed is not a problem, but I would like to speak to someone with one who regularly does. They seem to be around the $500 mark and available from suppliers online, so if they were to slide into my rope guide this would be an easy and relative cheap option. 

We already have a good quick to erect Black Wolf touring tent and my aim is to be able to set the tent entrance under the awning for a nice outside space for the family but also to enable a quick pack up and drive.  Ahh the kit hey! 

Cheers M

On 09/12/2009, at 12:15 PM, Mr Scott Pitcher wrote:

Murray,

I would anticipate that a bag awning style would flap around madly under highway speeds which would damage it? - But I could easily be wrong.

We have decided to get a JustKampers Awning tent from the Bus Stop as I have 3 females to deal with who like to spread themselves out. Only takes 2 pegs and a couple of clamps to set it up on the car. The trick is putting it up every time - takes me about an hour - well it did the first time.

Cheers,

Scott

Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Syncro_T3_Australi a] Side Awning Info

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Yes,

Very difficult to decide what and who to take and leave behind.

Tents are bulky but seem necessary with more than 1 child. We need the tent even with #1 child in the roof bunk and # 2 child on the floor bunk. Hence everyone is in the syncro but all the crap is in the tent. Only really necessary for wet weather but necessary all the same.

Cheers,

Scott

Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 12:38 PM

Yes, interesting Scott. The manufacturers Fiamma seem to suggest that having it fitted at highway speed is not a problem, but I would like to speak to someone with one who regularly does. They seem to be around the $500 mark and available from suppliers online, so if they were to slide into my rope guide this would be an easy and relative cheap option. 

We already have a good quick to erect Black Wolf touring tent and my aim is to be able to set the tent entrance under the awning for a nice outside space for the family but also to enable a quick pack up and drive.  Ahh the kit hey! 

Cheers M

Murray,

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

I'm finding the same, just had a weekend away without the awning or tent and the kids filled the van with junk within seconds.

We went with a bunch of friends who all had small kids and tents and they were packed up ready to leave ages before us. 

Hmm, need to get a bit more organised methinks.

Gary

On 09/12/2009, at 12:50 PM, Mr Scott Pitcher wrote:

Yes,

Tents are bulky but seem necessary with more than 1 child. We need the tent even with #1 child in the roof bunk and # 2 child on the floor bunk. Hence everyone is in the syncro but all the crap is in the tent. Only really necessary for wet weather but necessary all the same.

Cheers,

Scott

Cheers M

Murray,

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Indeed Gary, with two kids (like us, ours are 7 and 10) or more you need a good camp-site system. If you are staying more than overnight a tent or awning of some kind is a necessity. This has to be balanced with what can fit in the bus for travel. The value of a good awning is that it takes up no inside space I suspect. 

Cheers Murray

On 09/12/2009, at 12:57 PM, Gary Cookson wrote:

I'm finding the same, just had a weekend away without the awning or tent and the kids filled the van with junk within seconds.

We went with a bunch of friends who all had small kids and tents and they were packed up ready to leave ages before us. 

Gary

Yes,

Cheers,

Scott

Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 12:38 PM

Cheers M

Murray,

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Gary,
Flying solo .... the syncro Trakka is fabulous .... haha. Heh I even get to make all the decisions! Yippee!

Otherwise, the answer is ...... one syncro for him and one for her and the kids. No worries.
Ken

Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:57:32 +1100

Gary

Yes,

Cheers,

Scott

Cheers M

Murray,

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Murray,
I'm quite content to sit back and let you do all the legwork on this fly awning idea ok.
Just sort out all the issues .... test it for for me on a trip and then let me know what you think alright.
I'm even willing to be patient with you for your detailed report in due course ... haha TIA. Cheers.
Ken

Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 13:16:01 +1100

Indeed Gary, with two kids (like us, ours are 7 and 10) or more you need a good camp-site system. If you are staying more than overnight a tent or awning of some kind is a necessity. This has to be balanced with what can fit in the bus for travel. The value of a good awning is that it takes up no inside space I suspect. 

Cheers Murray

Gary

Yes,

Cheers,

Scott

Cheers M

Murray,

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Check out Domain Radar NOW! A world FIRST in property search has arrived!
Ken, sounds great, man and machine in perfect harmony. Syncros need quality time too...

28 Gwynne St
Richmond
Vic 3121
gary@twentytwentyone.net
www.twentytwentyone.net
Tel 3 9429 1868
Fax 3 9421 1110
Mob 0417 352782

On 09/12/2009, at 1:46 PM, Ken Garratt wrote:

Gary,
Flying solo .... the syncro Trakka is fabulous .... haha. Heh I even get to make all the decisions! Yippee!

Otherwise, the answer is ...... one syncro for him and one for her and the kids. No worries.
Ken

Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:57:32 +1100

Gary

Yes,

Cheers,

Scott

Cheers M

Murray,

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards
Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

The sail track awning has some advantages.  It is ultra quick to attach and erect; two poles for sunshade duty, three for rain cover.  When removed and stowed, there is nothing externally to catch in the scenery when negotiating bush tracks.  I would never even think of travelling with it attached- the whole thing erects in minutes in any event.

When travelling with a couple of kids, a free-standing tent has a lot of advantages and the sail track awning provides the sun/rain shelter corridor between the van and the tent. 

A couple of lifetimes ago (in my T2 days), I had a structure that wasn’t in the conventional tent category but worked exceptionally well.  It was about 2 m square, the opening side was pitched facing the side sliding door and the roof had a single slope away from the opening side.  Pitched about 8’ from the sliding door, it gave ample kid’s room and a large working area between the tent and the vehicle.  Mine was made of light duck, it was indestructible and weighed a ton when it was wet.  A quick look on the Internet shows me that there are modern versions available and probably at less than a tenth of what I paid back then.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Murray Lee
Sent: 09 December 2009 13:16

Indeed Gary , with two kids (like us, ours are 7 and 10) or more you need a good camp-site system. If you are staying more than overnight a tent or awning of some kind is a necessity. This has to be balanced with what can fit in the bus for travel. The value of a good awning is that it takes up no inside space I suspect. 

Cheers Murray

Gary

Yes,

Cheers,

Scott

Cheers M

Murray,

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards

Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Murray, We have a 2.5m fiamma on our syncro(came with van). I think the quality of the unit is great. The mounting seems to be really good, there are a number of mounting plates you can buy to tailor it to your installation. If you are worried about ripping it off in the bush we also got a oztent rv with the syncro. While it is a bit bulky
it is amazingly easy to erect and gives you both an awning and a spare room. Have a look at their web site www.oztent.com.au . Greg

--- In Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com, "Murray Lee" <murray.lee@...> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
>
>
> I'm considering buying a side roll out awning for the Trakka Syncro.
> Mark I know yours works quite well. Are there pros and cons with these?
> Have others had good or bad experiences with brands, distributors, or
> manufacturers of these? I'm after something that can be erected and
> rolled up very quickly for overnighters. I'm in Sydney so I'd be keen to
> know of local suppliers.
>
>
>
> Cheers
>
> Murray
>

Greg,

That’s the same size, shape and principle as the one I used donkey’s ago.  Another advantage is that you can, if you need, take the vehicle away and leave the tent standing.  It is quite easy to park in the same alignment when you get back.

les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of gregespo73
Sent: 09 December 2009 15:06
Subject: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Re: Side Awning Info

Murray , We have a 2.5m fiamma on our syncro(came with van). I think the quality of the unit is great. The mounting seems to be really good, there are a number of mounting plates you can buy to tailor it to your installation. If you are worried about ripping it off in the bush we also got a oztent rv with the syncro. While it is a bit bulky
it is amazingly easy to erect and gives you both an awning and a spare room. Have a look at their web site www.oztent.com. au . Greg

A fly sheet, two poles and guys, and a pair of the large suction caps designed to hold fishing rods on the roof creates a great shade/rain space alongside the van for little time, effort or cash - but struggles in high wind.

Cheers

--- On Tue, 8/12/09, Les Harris <leslieharris@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

Subject: RE: [Syncro_T3_Australia] Side Awning Info
Received: Tuesday, 8 December, 2009, 10:06 PM

The sail track awning has some advantages.  It is ultra quick to attach and erect; two poles for sunshade duty, three for rain cover.  When removed and stowed, there is nothing externally to catch in the scenery when negotiating bush tracks.  I would never even think of travelling with it attached- the whole thing erects in minutes in any event.

When travelling with a couple of kids, a free-standing tent has a lot of advantages and the sail track awning provides the sun/rain shelter corridor between the van and the tent. 

A couple of lifetimes ago (in my T2 days), I had a structure that wasn’t in the conventional tent category but worked exceptionally well.  It was about 2 m square, the opening side was pitched facing the side sliding door and the roof had a single slope away from the opening side.  Pitched about 8’ from the sliding door, it gave ample kid’s room and a large working area between the tent and the vehicle.  Mine was made of light duck, it was indestructible and weighed a ton when it was wet.  A quick look on the Internet shows me that there are modern versions available and probably at less than a tenth of what I paid back then.

Les

From: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com [mailto: Syncro_T3_Australia @yahoogroups. com ] On Behalf Of Murray Lee
Sent: 09 December 2009 13:16

Indeed Gary , with two kids (like us, ours are 7 and 10) or more you need a good camp-site system. If you are staying more than overnight a tent or awning of some kind is a necessity. This has to be balanced with what can fit in the bus for travel. The value of a good awning is that it takes up no inside space I suspect. 

Cheers Murray

Gary

Yes,

Cheers,

Scott

Cheers M

Murray,

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Ken,

Cheers M

Murray,
Ken

Hi Mark,

Cheers Murray

Murray

Regards

Mark.

Hi All,

Cheers

Murray

Win 1 of 4 Sony home entertainment packs thanks to Yahoo!7. Enter now.